Winter Residents in South Texas


I've seen more common residents than migrants so far this winter season. But, I keep going out in hopes of seeing more!!



GREAT BLUE HERON
photos taken:  Packery Channel and Leonabelle Refuge
habitat map:  Heron


GRACKLE
photo taken:  Backyard
habitat map:  Grackle


BLUE GRAY GNATCATCHER
photo taken:  Hilltop Community Center
habitat map:  Gnatcatcher


SANDHILL CRANE
photos taken:  Caribbean Drive, Flour Bluff, Texas
habitat map:  Crane


NORTHREN HARRIER
photo taken:  Nueces River
habitat map:  Harrier


NORTHERN CARDINAL
photo taken:  Bazemore Park
habitat map:  Cardinal


HORNED LARK
photos taken:  Charlie's Pasture
habitat map:  Lark






For use of graphic link in your post, copy text in lavender text area below and paste into your blog post:


or use text linking only copy text in lavender text area below and paste into your blog post:

15 comments:

  1. Those are such neat portraits! The harrier attracts my attention because it is usually difficult to get such a nice open pose of a resting bird. The Great Blue portrait shows up its colorful feather patterns, and the Horned Lark looks proud of his headpiece! Also love those cranes and the blackbir's eye!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are stunning pictures!! The Blue Heron, I never noticed that bit of blue around his eyes. And I have seen a LOT of blue herons, too. Last fall, we saw NO migrants!! As compared to the fall before, when there were many.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting birds for me as I certainly do not see those here. Diane

    ReplyDelete
  4. There's that Northern Harrier with the owl like face! I'm so happy to have seen one and for your help identifying it! Love those Sandhill Cranes and that Lark is quite a handsome fellow! Thanks for the party! I was so excited to share my Bobcat photos...oh and my little Phoebe! heehee! GO TEXANS!!! Hugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are wonderful...really love that great shot of the Northern Harrier!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful bird portraits!
    I am seeing more migrant birds this Winter than last Winter, or maybe I am paying closer attention!
    Hope you are having a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. beautiful feathering on the Heron and I love the image of the group of Cranes Anni.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Marvelous bird shots. Nice frames too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello Anni,
    Beautiful pictures have become this of the different birds.
    Photo 1 and 6 are my favorite.
    Best regards, Irma

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Anni. I think you are seeing more species than I am so far this year. It's very grey and damp here so not the best birding weather. You have a great selection there but as always, the Sandhill Cranes are my stand out species. Happy New Year to you both.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous, Anni!!! Love, Andrea xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  12. you cant take a bad photo of your birds, and all are beautiful. that said, I LOVE THE Sand hill cranes, especially the first one. awesome shots of them

    ReplyDelete
  13. Anni, I love how you edit your beautiful photos!!!...)JP

    ReplyDelete

Table of Contents