Birds on my Birthday


Today is my 70th birthday [9th]. I was born during the great blizzard of 48'-'49 and I was so important to the farming community [or was it my mother?] that the county came and cleaned miles of the farmhouse lane of 7-10 foot drifts for me to be born at a hospital - for my family and siblings, I've been a family legend. Bud and I will be celebrating life with dining out and I am going to have my yearly birthday meal....fresh, and fried Jumbo Gulf Shrimp.

I will be absent for the day, and will come visiting with you tomorrow. In the meantime, here are my bird shares for the weekend. I thought better of sharing SEVENTY photos to represent one a year...but, I thought I'd better stick with just a few instead.





VERMILLION FLYCATCHER
photos taken:  Bazemore Park
habitat map:  Flycatcher


PEREGRINE FALCON
photos taken:  Paradise Pond
habitat map:  Falcon


.... the last few weeks when out birding and hiking trails, I have noticed a huge number of American White Pelicans...no matter where I go.  These shared below are from different areas, on different days.  I will specify chronologically where seen in the 'photos taken' section, below...



AMERICAN WHITE PELICANS
photos taken:  1] Hans Suter Refuge 2] Leonabelle Refuge 3] NAS -Naval Air Station and... 4-6] Port Aransas Ship Channel at Community Park -the last photo was most of them took to flight when a large tanker went through.
habitat map:  Pelican



For use of graphic link in your post, copy text in lavender text area below
and paste into your blog post:

or use text linking only copy text in lavender text area below and paste into your blog post:

22 comments:

  1. Those are tremendous birthday birds, and i love your header. Have a great day and many more happy birthdays. This year I will be deprived of my "half birthday," as this happens only on February 29th. I have you beaten by almost 13 1/2 years!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Anni, Happy Birthday to you! I hope you have a wonderful day! I love the Scarlet tanager photos, it is a beautiful bird. The White Pelicans are another favorite of mine, they are cool. Thanks for hosting. Have a happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday, hope you had a fantastic dau.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy, happy birthday!!! We are the same age; my birthday is next month. I want a full account of your day,and where you ate! Wow, this is quite some story about clearing the snow! Gorgeous Vermilion Flycatcher, I have never seen one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. P.S. I love your new beautiful owl header!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday and how very special and important you were, for them to clear the blizzard covered roads so you could be born in the hospital. That is such a heart warming story to hear. Great bird photos. I hope you have a lovely birthday and many more to come.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday my dear! You’re a legend in blogger and birding circles as well! Thanks for giving us the gift of these beautiful birds and for hosting as well! Enjoy this new decade!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Birthday sweet friend! We have birthdays very close together and only one year apart! WOW! I wish we were together having fun! We hiked this afternoon so I guess I was celebrating your birthday! Have a wonderful afternoon and yummy meal! Those white Pelicans are amazing! Birthday hugs coming your way, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  9. Think I might have mentioned before but if I come back to this world I want to be a peregrine falcon 😊 Fabulous photos. Have a good Sunday, Diane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooops, happy birthday, I beat you by 5 years! 🌼

      Delete
  10. A vaery hoppae baer dae to ya!!

    Lovely pics

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Birthday. Hope your day has been absolutely fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy birthday! And welcome to the seventies.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely birds to celebrate your big 70 birthday this week.I also had a birthday but mine had 76 trombones playing!! Have a great well ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy Birthday Anni. I hope you both enjoyed that special meal and you evening together. You know, I somehow knew that you were a bit of a legend!Bud told me that.

    Loved your pictures again and thanks for the link up, Have a Happy Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hello Anni,
    Beautiful pictures in your blog, I enjoyed it.
    I'm a little late but congratulations on your birthday.
    Do you want to place my link, I can not.
    Best regards Irma

    ReplyDelete
  16. be still my heart on the pelican pics. awesome shots of my favorite birds. happy birthday and I love fryed shrimp, my favorite of all seafood.... the falcon looks like he knows something we don't know

    ReplyDelete
  17. Anni, Happy 70th. Nice collection of birds. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful photo of the Falcon!
    Hope you had a wonderful birthday, and thank you for the help with ID of the Pine Warbler last week.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I hope your birthday was wonderful Anni! Those fried shrimp sound pretty good to me. Gorgeous photos of the birds, especially the pelicans!

    ReplyDelete
  20. It is fun to see all of these! That Vermillion Flycatcher is stunning!

    ReplyDelete

Table of Contents