Here are eight photos for the week sighted: November 10th thru November16th.

AMERICAN BITTERN
photo taken: Port Aransas, Texas
habitat map: Bittern

NORTHERN HARRIER
photo taken: Calallen, Texas
habitat map: Harrier

INCA DOVE
photo taken: Bazemore Park
habitat map: Dove

GOLDEN FRONTED WOODPECKER
photo taken: Blucher Park
habitat map: Woodpecker

Great Blue HERON, American White PELICAN, Brown PELICAN
photo taken: Indian Point Park
habitat maps: GB Heron, AW Pelican, Brown Pelican

BLACK CROWNED NIGHT HERON
photo taken: Sunset Lakes
habitat map: Heron

WILLET
photo taken: North Beach area
habitat map: Willet

LESSER SCAUP
photo taken: Pollywog Ponds
habitat map: Scaup
This week's Participants:
Travels with Birds
Lea's Menagerie
Rosyfinch Ramblings
Phil UK
Eileen
Nature Footstep Photo Art
Lavender Dreams
Christina, Sweeden
Lois in Tallahassee
Birds in Europe and Africa
and paste into your blog post:

Wow, that was quite a week, chock full of such interesting sightings!
ReplyDeleteYour Bittern photo is lovely, as they are rarely seen. The Scaups are wondrous!! But maybe my favorite is the Night Heron.
ReplyDeleteYou had quite a week, but the American Bittern picture is the prize. It is rarely that I see one let alone have a chance to take pictures.
ReplyDeleteHello, Anni!
ReplyDeleteThese are all beautiful birds. It is always a treat the see the Bitterns. I love the Pelicans and Night Heron. Great photos. Thanks for hosting. Enjoy your weekend.
lol, I have to say you have very good and beautiful light in the images today. Enhances the birds :)
ReplyDeleteIt is SO hard to see the Bitterns! They really blend into the surroundings. Love your photos this week! It's beautiful weather here! We hiked and saw the Cuckoo again! YAY! Hugs!
ReplyDeleteGreat photos!
ReplyDeleteThanks for hosting!
the Inca dove and the scaulp make me want to pet them. they are sooooo cute.... yes I know i can't but they look cuddly... the pelicans are my favorite of course
ReplyDeleteWow, you really got some great captures...love that American Bittern. I have only ever seen two. And love the Northern Harrier. They used to be thick at the strip pit area, I suppose when passing through. But there would always be a few that would stay. Now am lucky to see two or three..
ReplyDeleteSuper pictures today Anni. The harrier is wonderful. If only I could get a photo like that. The Willet is a wafer yet to turn up in Britain after storms but I keep looking. Thanks for the picture party.
ReplyDeleteLove these photos. Great collection. Hope all is well Diane
ReplyDelete