This blog today is heavy with photos, so I'll get right to posting the images. The photos are all from the morning I was at Port Aransas, watching the dolphins in the wild [shared here], and birding of course.

PARADISE POND

Eurasian Collared Dove, Black Crowned Night Heron [adult and immature]. Common Moorhen [Gallinule]





LEONABELLE WILDLIFE REFUGE

Black Skimmers, White Ibis, Tricolored Heron, Immature Common Moorhen, Immature Black Crowned Night Heron, Brown Pelican, Common Moorhen, Tricolored Heron and Roseate Spoonbill, inflight:  Black Bellied Whistling Ducks





MAGEE BEACH

Royal Terns, Black Terns, Piping Plover, and immature Common Tern



 
 
 
Always use HYPERLINK when using Linking Tool
For use of graphic link in your post, copy text in gray text area below and paste into your blog post:
or use text linking only copy text in gray text area below and paste into your blog post:


Participating are:

Jean
Linda
Lea
Tanza
Dave [no hyperlink]
Phil
Eileen
Diane
Ken

19 comments:

  1. Very nice assortment of species! I saw Black Terns at Port Aransas 3 years ago but never got a very close shot. That immature tern is striking!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The third photo down with the two different birds together and the next two after of each of them is just absolutely beautiful. I love it. You sure saw a lot of birds in one place.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We haven't seen a juvenile Night Heron in a long time. They are so neat and I always wonder what they are. My Dad always said I wake up in a new world every day! lol And the Roseate Spoonbill is my most favorite bird in the world. To see one in the wild is...WILD!!! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello,
    Wow, what a great collection of birds. You saw so many beautiful birds, it is hard to pick a favorite. The Black Tern is on my wish list, I love the Skimmers and Night Herons. The Roseate Spoonbill is lovely. Wonderful post, thanks for hosting. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful birds Anni. I love Roseate Spoonbill.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Anni: The bird next to the Black tern above is a Piping Plover, not a Semipalmated Plover. Great series of images of the species you feature.

    ReplyDelete
  7. black color like ring circles on neck is beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  8. The Night Heron is my favorite for sure. Great flight pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super selection today Anni. Those herons did you proud with a variety of ages to test us out.

    Enjoy your Sunday. Thanks for the link today.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your images are simply stunning as always! Makes it impossible to pick a favorite out of your wonderful variety. Hope you've had a wonderful weekend so far.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful photos, well done. Sorry I am far behind with everything will try to catch up next week. Keep well Diane

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have loved seeing all of these. It is wonderful that you live where you can see all of these.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful birds! I have a few Black Crowned Night Herons that basically live in my backyard. I think they want to be my pets :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. An amazing array of birds you get in your area. I have seen many of these beauties while on vacation in Florida but that's going back some now. Thanks for sharing these :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Black Crowned Night Herons are contrast between adult and immature....great shots

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love love your photos. Do you know, I have never seen a green heron in person. And I live in Florida!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wonderful images...I would sure have enjoyed that morning

    ReplyDelete

Table of Contents