I'm beginning to sound like a broken record, I know. Again, this week, not much going on. And, by the way Phil...yes, I'll add your name to my rented billboard. On the subject we discussed shortly in comments, you and me...we are truly kindred spirits!! And the next rounds of drinks are on MY tab. Anyway, this time around, grabbing images of birds from my folders, I thought I'd go a whole year of photos. One from each month, Starting in January of course. Here goes:
January...

SORA
photo taken: Paradise Pond
habitat map: Sora
February...

SANDHILL CRANES
photo taken: Caribbean Drive -Flour Bluff, Texas
habitat map: Crane
March...

BLUE WINGED TEAL
photo taken: Port Aransas
habitat map: Teal
April...

BLACK CRESTED TITMOUSE
photo taken: Bazemore Park
habitat map: Titmouse
May...

YELLOW BILLED CUCKOO
photo taken: Calallen, Texas
habitat map: Cuckoo
June...

ROSEATE SPOONBILL
photo taken: Texas A and M Campus Trail
habitat map: Spoonbill
July...

BLACK NECKED STILT
photo taken: Nueces River
habitat map: Stilt
August...

BLACK SKIMMERS
photo taken: Rockport, Texas
habitat map: Skimmer
September...

NORTHERN CARDINALS
photo taken: back yard
habitat map: Cardinal
October...

GREAT KISKADEE
photo taken: Pollywog Ponds
habitat map: Kiskadee
November...

GREEN JAY
photo taken: Bazemore Park
habitat map: Jay
December...

ANHINGA
photo taken: Flour Bluff, Texas
habitat map: Anhinga
I've only been walking these days a short time before the temperatures climb to the triple digits and the heat index soars to a dangerous level. One day while walking along the beach, I even felt compelled to cool down and walk in the surf, the feel like temperature was so hot. And, I don't like getting my shoes wet, but walked anyway with my shoes on to avoid getting stung by jellyfish washing ashore. Many days this season, I haven't even taken my heavy zoom lens camera and only armed with my cellphone camera...

Participating this week:
Travels With Birds [no hyperlink]
All of your bird photos are so great, lots that I have never seen before. That Green Jay is really pretty! Glad I have another bird expert to assist with identification. Have a great weekend :)
ReplyDeleteBeautiful collection of birds Anni. The Sora is one of my favorites. Thanks for hosting.
ReplyDeleteTake care and stay cool. Have a great weekend.
It's been hot here and humid but not as hot as TX! I hiked this morning and it was around 80 but that was the humidity too. I was still very glad to get outside though. I haven't seen the Cuckoo here this year and hope I haven't missed them. Love your bird photos by the month! What a great idea. Happy weekend!
ReplyDeleteNice shots to illustrate a calendar. I'm also fighting the heat and not seeing too many species. Missed my only shot at a Yellow-billed Cuckoo in late winter. Love the Sora and also had to give up on seeing one as the local wetlands with boardwalks are all closed and we never got up to Illinois where I have a favorite spot for them. Stay safe!
ReplyDeleteHow can I deal with that? All great pictures from which I'm meant to pick a winner? If pushed I'll choose the skimmers having a conversation or the Kiskadee. Not so sure about that Green Jay - we mustn't upset the Martians or the veggies.
ReplyDeleteI love the Stilt's long pink legs! Wow, that Anhinga looks like the giraffe of the bird world. But my favorite may be the Sora, just because he is so strange looking.
ReplyDeleteHope you get some relief from that heat soon. Such great images from the year. I'd love to see a green jay. Hope you are having a great weekend!
ReplyDeleteThis is an outstanding selection, Anni, and portrays some classic South Texas species. It is many years since I have seen some of these birds but they are vivid as ever in my memory and I appreciate these wonderful reminders.
ReplyDeleteI love teh set you shared today. So many that I will never see I guess, but so nice to see your view of them. Have a good weekend, and stay cool & safe.
ReplyDeleteI like the idea of a month by month post. Stay cool and thanks for hosting.
ReplyDeleteLovely birds .It would be my pleasure if you join my link up party related to gardening here http://jaipurgardening.blogspot.com/2020/08/garden-affair-link-up-party.html
ReplyDeleteA year of birds! What a neat idea!
ReplyDeleteHave a blessed day!
So many birds I will never see so it is great that you can share with us. Thanks for hosting. Diane
ReplyDeleteI am choosing Marge as my favorite of The Twelve but they are all beautiful and I like the in hinges because it's different they usually are photos with their wings spread. What a great idea. And I want to say thank you thank you thank you for the beautiful comment on my post today that touch my heart to the bottom of the core
ReplyDeleteyou sure have a wide range of birds! I love them all.
ReplyDelete