It's been a wet week. But, we didn't get the full strength of Tropical Storm Beta afterall. We did get angry seas [I went out Sunday early to check the surf...see some of my photos taken. here if you'd like]. By Monday morning, the winds picked up and rain fell. Only a couple days of coastal flooding. We here in Corpus Christi, let out a deep sigh of relief!! Even, tho, we all who live along the Gulf and Atlantic coasts know the season isn't over yet. Here are some more September birds seen in my neck of the woods...
WHITE EYED VIREO
photo taken: Blucher Park
habitat map: Vireo
SCISSOR TAILED FLYCATCHER
photo taken: Chapman's Ranch
habitat map: Flycatcher
YELLOW WARBLER
Port Aransas Texas
habitat map: Warbler
COOPER'S HAWK
photo taken: County Road, Corpus Christi
habitat map: Hawk
SPOTTED SANDPIPER
photo taken: South Bay Park
habitat map: Sandpiper
GREAT KISKADEE
photo taken: Bazemore Park
habitat map: Kiskadee
NOTE: I subscribe to the magazine Birds and Blooms, and the latest issue [October/November issue] delivered to my mailbox, I learned something about the Kiskadee I thought may be of interest to others. And that is that the Kiskadee used to have a different name: Derby Flycatcher
MYRTLE WARBLER*
photo taken: Packery Channel
habitat map: Warbler
TRI-COLORED HERON
photo taken: Oso Bay Wetlands
habitat map: Heron

* Also known as Yellow Rumped Warbler & Butter Butt Warbler

I really love yellow birds but the last one is my favorite. Awesome shot
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad you didn't get any damage from the storm. It has been an active season like they predicted. Love the pretty Warblers you've seen and that beautiful Cooper's Hawk. I'm not sure I've ever seen one. Enjoy your weekend! Hard to believe it's too hot again here to hike this weekend. Hugs, Diane
ReplyDeleteHello Anni,
ReplyDeleteGreat selection of birds and photos. One of my favorite is the Tricolored Heron. The Great Kiskadee pair is awesome too. I would love to see the Scissor-tailed Flycatcher some day. Thanks for hosting! Have a great day and happy weekend.
Glad the storm bypassed. The great kiskadees are such striking birds! You always get such a great variety of birds. Hope you are enjoying your weekend.
ReplyDeleteThey are all so adorable, well I'd call the hawk handsome instead and I love the tri-colored heron, I don't think I've seen one before! Crazy day for me yesterday and this morning, sorry I didn't play along. I'll be back next week :)
ReplyDeleteHi good afternoon. All right? I am Brazilian, from Rio de Janeiro and I want to present my Blogger. New friends are welcome, no matter the distance. I would like to invite you to follow my Blogger.
ReplyDeletehttps://viagenspelobrasilerio.blogspot.com/?m=1
Nice birds. I especially like the poses of the Kiskadees and the Tricolored Heron. Nice exposure of the Spotted Sandpiper and Yellow Warbler. I miss seeing Scissor-tailed Flycatchers in the Texas Panhandle as we are still sheltering in place. Glad that the storm which we sent your way turned out to be more of a rain threat than hurricane force winds, but the storm tide can do damage to the beaches and shorefront properties.
ReplyDeleteI have really enjoyed looking through this post. The White eyed Vireo is new to me. And a Cooper's Hawk, like the one I just saw! These Great Kiskadees are so impressive, so is the Flycatcher. The Sandpiper has no tail! Is that the way this kind are, or is it a juvenille?
ReplyDeleteWhite-eyed Vireo is extremely rare here and I have only ever seen two in Ontario, so I really enjoyed your picture.
ReplyDeletegreat collection today. I am still disappointed the group did not stop to observe the scissor tailed flycatcher when we saw it flying. No problem they said, we will see lots of them later. Did we? No, not a single one. :(
ReplyDeleteYou have a nice shot of the TRI-COLORED HERON :)
The Cooper's Hawks are what we mostly get, here in our woods. There's food aplenty for them too. ~Andrea xoxo
ReplyDeleteAnnie thank you for these beauties. I hope you like these Demoiselle cranes
ReplyDeleteGreat birds all. I saw swans at a local lake last week. I didn't have my good camera though.
ReplyDelete