Two Weeks Into September


September is half over for the year. Altho, it's been a grueling year, 2020, I always enjoy the days following the month of August. The Atlantic, as I type this up, has 6 storms, one threatens the Texas coast. I may not be online to visit if power goes out and damages are done from this storm, BETA. Other than one day so far, I've done a little bit of birding. I even drove to the island in hopes of catching some migration activities...but when I arrived, I reached for my camera with the zoom lens and it wasn't in the car seat beside me!! I left it home on the hutch, charging. Senility is setting in! Oh well, I acquired my step count that morning. At least it wasn't a TOTAL waste of time, but if you ask me, I'd beg to differ. Without further chit chat, here are some birds I've photographed this first two weeks of the "Fall" season...


EASTERN WOOD PEWEE? GREAT CRESTED FLYCATCHER?
-no eyering, about 4 to 4 1/2 inches]
photo taken: Blucher Park
habitat map: Pewee


BROAD WINGED HAWK [young and docile: known to be more "tame" than others]
photo taken: Rose Hill Cemetery
habitat map: Hawk

WILLET -crab salad for breakfast
photos taken: Hans Suter Park
habitat map: Willet


VERMILION FLYCATCHER
photos taken: West Guth Park
habitat map: Flycatcher


MONK PARAKEET
photos taken: West Guth Park
habitat map: Parakeet


LONG BILLED CURLEW
photo taken: West Guth Park
habitat map: Curlew


GREEN JAY [in molt]
photo taken: Bazemore Park
habitat map: Jay


Always use HYPERLINK when using Linking Tool

For use of graphic link in your post, copy text in gray text area below and paste into your blog post:

or use text linking only copy text in gray text area below and paste into your blog post:


16 comments:

  1. Such fantastic photos Anni. I don't have any birds for today. Hopefully I can get some to play along next week. Stay safe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Anni,

    These are fabulous birds and photos. A few of my favorite are the Vermilion Flycatcher, Green Jay, Monk Parakeets and the Long-billed Curlew. I should just say they are all favorites.. Thanks for hosting. Have a happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautiful assortment of birds! The only one of this group that I have seen is the Broad Winged Hawk.
    Hope none of the hurricanes cause a lot of damage. At least you missed Sally. I do not remember one that ever made such a sharp turn to the east as Sally did. Probably have been some though.
    Thanks for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was thinking of you when the hurricane was predicted to take a sharp left turn. Hope all will be well for you and your neighborhood. Nice birds! i love the curlew. The jay is pretty even if he has a punk look. Could the flycatcher be a Great Crested Flycatcher?

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Monk Parakeet is just amazing and you've shared several birds I've never seen. I hope and pray you are safe from this latest storm! Take care! Hugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  6. that Peewee is sooooooooo cute, he is all dressed up for fall... and i love that green jay that is not green but blue. awesome pics, glad you found a few. stay safe, it looks like Beta is making a move your way, but maybe north of you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great photos. Love the Green Jay, it looks like it has just come out from a very bad hairdressers. Thanks for hosting. Stay safe for the weather as well COVID. Diane

    ReplyDelete
  8. A beautiful collection of birds.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The first bird, and the flycatcher are stunning! And this shot of the Green Jay is amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great pictures! I think we've all forgotten our camera at some point. Stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
  11. such beautiful shots of the birds. The green jay seem to have been in a fight. :) Can´t be easy to be molting. I was trying to pick a favorite, but I love them all.
    Take care. I know exactly what you mean when your camera is not on the seat. :(

    ReplyDelete
  12. It probably doesn't make you feel any better, but we have all had those camera glitches of one kind or another. A couple of years ago I was watching a group of Common Mergansers, and three males were in the same frame as a Mute Swan, making for a gorgeous shot, and the light was right - the only problem was I had no memory card in the camera!

    ReplyDelete
  13. i came back for a second comment, i got so excited over that peewee, i missed the crab being eaten. i saw it on the front page and had to tell you

    ReplyDelete
  14. Always enjoy seeing your photos! That green jay photo is stunning. Always hard when you need the camera and it's not there. Have we already gone through the entire alphabet of storms this year?! Not sure how it all works but it seems that way. Hope you stay safe and are having a wonderful Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I so love seeing what birds you have to show....enjoyed all of these. Love the Green Jay and the first photo that you are unsure of...also that Vermilion Flycatcher is a dandy!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love birds. Your images are beautiful. I love the variety of birds you capture. The feather patterns are lovely. Friendship

    ReplyDelete

Table of Contents