A Week of Birding in November...


The areas where the photos were taken were Naval Air Station [Ocean Drive] and Texas A & M Campus, Bazemore Park, Han Suter Park,  West Guth Park.  The weather, tho very dry and near drought conditions, has been great for birding and walking this past week!


NORTHERN PINTAIL DUCK [male top, female bottom]
Habitat map: duck


SUMMER TANAGER
Habitat map: tanager


GREEN JAY
Habitat map: jay


SNOWY EGRET
Habitat map: egret


YELLOW CROWNED NIGHT HERON
Habitat map: heron


NORTHERN CARDINAL
Habitat map: cardinal


SONG SPARROW*
[identifying mark...spot on breast *the only sparrow with this feature]
Habitat map:  sparrow


Always use HYPERLINK
For use of graphic link in your post, copy text in gray text area below and paste into your blog post:
or use text linking only copy text in gray text area below and paste into your blog post:


20 comments:

  1. Hello, Anni,

    Beautiful birds, The Green Jay is a gorgeous bird, it is on my "most want" to see list. The Summer Tanager is a beauty too. Great photos! Thank for hosting. Wishing you a happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you had a nice assortment of birds to photograph.

    ReplyDelete
  3. the picture of the hair and made me laugh because he looks like a grouchy old fan and believe me I know what a grouchy old man looks like! Haha I love the Tanager because he is beautiful red but my favorite is that gorgeous Green Jay that is not green. What beautiful colors as far as I know I have never seen one or a tanager either

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks for the link about the foundations and about the way the land cracks and dries out in Texas. I have seen movies of the land dried and cracked open like that but had no idea that all of this existed over there. Glad you got your smokers and so this doesn't happen to you. Here in Florida we have things like that happen but not from dried and cracked but because the sand just thinks away and they're called sinkholes and sometimes it's a two-way so much the whole house falls in the hole but the regular sand is all around our house and it to can move away from the house and cause to damage

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful captures Anni. That Green Jay is so gorgeous! I wish we had those around here.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That green jay is very striking! I'd love to see one of those in person. The snowy egret is beautiful as well. Always enjoy seeing the variety of birds in your great photos. Hope you are having a wonderful Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW...the Green Jay is amazing! I've never seen anything like that one! Love the sweet little Sparrows too! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The Green Jay and Snowy Egret are my favs. But the poor Heron looks kind of sick.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The Green Jay is so beautiful...they really fascinate me. I suppose partly because I have never seen one.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful photos! The green jay and the egret are stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You made me jealous with your description of the dry weather. And those great pictures today. The Green Jay my favourite and the Snowy next. Thanks for the link today 😊

    ReplyDelete
  12. Waterfowl the world over are distinguished by their plumage and we could debate forever which is the most beautiful, for ultimately it comes down to personal choice, but for me the most ELEGANT is Northern Pintail. A male, in his newly acquired finery post moult, looks like he had been clothed by the finest bespoke tailor on Saville Row!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You always have such lovely photos to share.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I seldom see water fowl so I always enjoy photos of them. That Green Jay is amazing.

    Hope all is well stay safe Diane

    ReplyDelete
  15. wonderful species all of them but I have a favorite, the Northern pintail. That is such a beautiful duck. :) Great shots!

    ReplyDelete
  16. The Pintail is so graceful. That jay is astounding! Love the showy Snowy Egret, cardinal and the SOng Sparrow, which does not range down to south Florida. You make me miss our Yellow-crowned Night-Herons whose rookery was destroyed. Maybe they will come back this spring, but much of their habitat is gone.

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a collection, Anni!! The photos of the Song Sparrow are so real...all of them are!...:)jp

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great mix of feathers. I'm seeing so many birds from the 12th floor. Here in Florida.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Such beautiful birds.
    Lovely photographs.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wonderful bird! Has to be Kinda’ hard to feel worried about the drought when it is such perfect weather for getting out there and seeing birds. I’m ready to trade you )))

    ReplyDelete

Table of Contents