Please follow and take notice of my note in green text at the end of this series....
Another bird that is unique to our territory! In the past nearly two decades, I've only seen one American Robin. And that was northeast of Goose Island in the Wildlife Reserve near Tivoli Texas. This past week, however, I stopped at Paradise Pond in Port Aransas, and was witness to a flock of estimated fifty robins at a stopover to this area. I was elated since we used to associate the bird with Spring in Colorado. And their song brought joy to my heart. While there, I also saw grackles [they're everywhere], two warbler species, a phoebe, and either a flicker or a golden fronted woodpecker...that particular bird was just a fleeting glimpse, so really not positive on that ID.


YELLOW-THROATED WARBLER
Habitat map: Warbler



AMERICAN ROBIN
Habitat map: Robin
I then stopped at another Refuge in the village to see literally dozens of White Pelicans, Laughing Gulls and Ring-billed gulls, stilts, a few white ibis, a couple of G B Herons, reddish egrets, snowy egrets, great egrets, one R Spoonbill, ONE alligator in the mud, ducks, teals, four common gallinules, and one yellow rumped warbler as I left...

RING BILLED GULL
Habitat Map: Gull

AMERICAN WHITE PELICAN
Habitat map: Pelican

REDDISH EGRET
Habitat map: Egret
PLEASE NOTE: Next week, there will be NO posting here by me. I am taking the Christmas weekend off. Will see you in 2021!! January 2nd to be exact. Happy Holidays to all. And know your sharing and linking along with comments during 2020 have been MUCH appreciated. Stay Safe.
~Anni

Now, share your birding experiences:
Always enjoy your bird photos so much! Look forward to seeing what you post every Saturday. Thank you for hosting this. Can't imagine not seeing robins very often as they are so common here though we don't see them as much in the winter. Hope you have a wonderful Christmas and a very Happy New Year!
ReplyDeleteOver the 16 years we have lived here in south Florida I have seen two winter invasions by large flocks of American Robins. Other years we are lucky to see one or two and in several winters none at all have shown up. Beautiful Yellow-throated Warbler and love the pelicans, gulls and the snazzy Reddish Egret1. Merry Christmas and see you in two weeks.
ReplyDeleteThe Reddish egret is my favorite here, I have never seen a real one. We have tons of robins! Many come to our yard in the spring and fight for territory. How come there are none in Texas/ This shocks me, as Texas is a major birding spot. I hope you have a wonderful, wonderful Christmas!!! Stay safe, my friend.
ReplyDeleteHello Anni,
ReplyDeleteCongrats on your sightings. The Robins can be seen in Maryland year round, not always in my yard. I love the White Pelican and the beautiful Reddish Egret. The Yellow-throated Warbler is lovely. Thanks for hosting. I wish you and your family a very Merry Christmas and a happy New Year!
Congratulations on the American Robins in your area. I'll trade you a few of ours any time for a Yellow-throated Warbler. I'll even give you three for one! Enjoy the holidays as best you can withCOVID snapping at your heels.
ReplyDeleteHow wonderful to see the Robins, they are such a welcome bird! We saw a yellow throated Warbler this week on our feeders. They are so beautiful and really stand out in a flock of Warblers. Merry Christmas! Thank you for hosting this fun party every week. I learn so much and enjoy it! See you next year. holiday hugs, Diane
ReplyDeleteSuch great shots Anni, My favorite is that first pretty little sweet bird. See you back here in the new year!
ReplyDeleteI know how exciting it is to see and HEAR all the Robins. One walk I went on, I followed their song to discover a huge flock of them wintering over. That reminds me...I'll have to go back there. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year, Anni!...:)jp
ReplyDeleteHi Anni, yoir image of the Reddish Egret is amazing. Love it´s posture and "haircut". The warbler is cute and the Robins are proud! Always love their posture. A great shot of the Pelcian too.
ReplyDeleteWishing you a great and happy Christmas. Takce care!
Awwwww... the little American Robin... one of my top favorite birds. We have scores of them here on our property and it never fails.... in the summertime, at 7pm each night, I hear them singing their good night song to each other. Music to my ears and a sign of deep summertime. ~Andrea xoxo
ReplyDeleteGreat images! Enjoy your holidays!
ReplyDeleteYou may have had a "fall" of migrants there Anni to see so many Robins together. After a couple of years not seeing any it must have ben very exciting. It's the often unpredictability of birding that makes for such a special pastime. And hey, that Yellow-throated Warbler is just beautiful. Enjoy your couple of weeks rest and thanks for the last 12 months of invites to your blog.
ReplyDeleteLove that hair do on the egret, I did not know there is an american robin. congrats on seeing it and enjoy your break... i love that warbler
ReplyDeleteLovely photographs, I think my favourite is the warbler!
ReplyDeleteHappy Holidays.
All the best Jan
Excellent as always. You see so many birds I never see...or rarely. But I do see the robin...not now...not here at home. But I have seen them over at Indy at this time of year, and also out in the woods not to far from here. But I wonder if they were just passing through late in the year cause I wonder what they would do if we got a deep snow.
ReplyDeleteLove the bird portraits as always. Thank you. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year also. Your mention of robins makes me smile ... I remember being so surprised at Port A when one of the bird experts I relied on got all excited about a Robin . To me the most common bird in the world and I had not yet realized that was not true everywhere.
ReplyDeleteThanks Sallie! I hope your holidays are safe, and happy!!!!
DeleteFabulous blog and thanks for hosting. Have a great Christmas and hoping 2021 will be a better year. Diane
ReplyDeleteBeautiful blog and it's good hooking up with you! Merry Christmas!
ReplyDeleteHow I LOVE to feast my eyes and thoughts upon your wonderful bird photos. And...that gull...his eyes..half asleep I think! Posing for you. :)
ReplyDeleteThank You!
ReplyDelete