Down By the Riverside...


Just to get away from the house for a while, I decided to take a short 30 minute drive before sunrise to Calallen, Texas, to a park, in hopes of seeing some white tailed deer. I was at the right place at the right time of morning...a beautiful buck posed for me with his harem!!
The park is maintained by the county, but volunteers strategically place seed feeders and hummingbird feeders here and there.
Afterward, I parked the car and walked some to see what birds I could find. Here they are [more were seen but few photos that day].  I enjoyed the cool breeze and the solitude with just a drifting melody of birdsong...



Sunrise on the lake [one of two]




CATTLE EGRETS ON THE RIVER
Habitat map: Egret



GREEN JAY
Habitat map: Jay



NORTHERN CARDINAL [female]
Habitat map: Cardinal


HOUSE SPARROWS
Habitat map: Sparrow


RUBY THROATED HUMMINGBIRD
Habitat map: Hummingbird


For use of graphic link in your post, copy text in gray text area below and paste into your blog post:
or use text linking only copy text in gray text area below and paste into your blog post:


Linking tool is now closed

13 comments:

  1. Hello Anni,

    Sounds like a nice park, the Green Jay is my favorite this post. It is on my MOST want to see bird list. I need to visit Texas some day just to see birds, lol. Love the Cattle Egrets and Cardinals. Great photos. Thanks for hosting. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Green Jay is gorgeous....very pretty AND very hungry! Love the sunrise on the lake! I should get up earlier! lol Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The house sparrows in their habitat would make a beautiful card

    ReplyDelete
  4. The cattle egrets in the tree is amazing. Love the Green Jay...they are so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Excellent images of birds, the green jay stole the show although the others gave tough competition. Awesome sunrise shot too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had not known these are Cattle Egrets. I have neverseen one, maybe we don't have them here.Wow, the Green jay is gorgeous! and look at that beak full of seeds! A perfect shot.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful sunrise! Your bird portraits are great, as usual.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dawn and soon after is simply the best part of the day for birds and photos. No one around, peace and quiet. Heavenly. If only dawn lasted all day long. Great pictures Anni. Thanks for the link today 😊.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The Cattle Egrets and House Sparrows I know well, but the others are all strangers to me. The Green Jay is stunning, and I am always jealous of the hummers after having seen them on a trip to Nevis a few years back.

    I hope that all is well, stay safe and have a good wee. Diane

    ReplyDelete
  10. A green "blue jay"... I never knew such a thing existed, Anni!! So beautiful!! Thank you for introducing them to me! ~Andrea xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well, Anni, I'm back (I think)! I had to create a new BLOG ADDRESS:
    agreenridge.blogspot.com...geez I hope it works!!...jp

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your photographs are lovely to see, many thanks for sharing their beauty here.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  13. Online Gaming: Bet of the Day & Casino - KTNV
    Online Gaming 부산광역 출장샵 is 파주 출장마사지 the new world leader in online gaming, with players from around the world 김포 출장마사지 excited to experience the thrill 정읍 출장마사지 of online gaming in all 충청북도 출장마사지 its glory.

    ReplyDelete

Table of Contents