It's been another quiet week of going birding. I visited only a couple of parks and the nearby Navy Base Road with the usual waterfowl. I must admit this past week has been mainly doing odd jobs here and there. Lawn mowing, edging, safety inspection for auto license renewal. And then, the jinx was on my shoulder one day at the grocery store. A cop followed me into the parking lot with his Christmas Tree lights flashing...when I parked, he parked right behind me! I knew I did nothing wrong, but couldn't figure out what the problem was...I got out. As nonchalantly as I could muster. He said "Ma'am...[I don't like being called ma'am], your brake light on the passenger side is burnt out!" We talked a bit while he was filling out the warning for me to sign. Next day, I had to return to the mechanic to get the bulb replaced. Don't laugh, but Bud and I tried off and on the day before to loosen the socket from the chassis...it wouldn't budge! It took the technician less than 5 minutes....but it spoiled my morning chance of birding...again!! After that, I was in no mood to do much but go back home and chill-out.

GREAT KISKADEE
[partial yellow crest showing! Some day I'm gonna witness the FULL crest]
Habitat map: Kiskadee

GREAT TAILED GRACKLE
Habitat map: Grackle



BALTIMORE ORIOLE
Habitat map: Oriole

BLACK CRESTED TITMOUSE
Habitat map: Titmouse

RUDDY TURNSTONE
Habitat map: Turnstone

HOUSE SPARROWS
Habitat map: Sparrow

Linking tool is now closed
That does ruin your day...a couple of them. It would make me extremely nervous to be stopped. I would probably start confessing things I didn't even do! hahaha! Love that beautiful Baltimore Oriole! WOW!
ReplyDeleteThe kiskadee is awesome with his striped head. I am glad the police stop was innocent!
ReplyDeleteI'm glad the officer told you about your brake light, Anni... it's dangerous to have one light out. Awwww... and your pictures of the baltimore oriole. I love them so! I'm sure I've told you this before but your pictures belong in a magazine. Maybe you could publish one of your own... or a book. ~Andrea xoxoxo
ReplyDeleteGlad that you are not a scofflaw. Nice for the cop to only give you a warning. Nice birds-- I enjoyed seeing the House Sparrows as I have never seen even one over the 15+ years I have been birding the Wounded Wetlands near our home. No bird feeders on any home in our subdivision and those birds do not favor wild places.
ReplyDeleteLove the Oriole and the little Sparrows, who always get a bad rap.
ReplyDeleteChristmas came early for you, huh? And spoiled your day, noless, Anni? Often times we have to let the mechanics do "our" fixer-uppers too!!...jp
Sorry your day was spoilt, but all 's well that ends well. Your car light is fixed. you have some super photos here. The great Kiskadee is a beautiful bird, and my favourite in your post today.
ReplyDeleteI forgot to mention that finches eat the Pyracantha berries, as well as Blackbirds and robins.
It's pretty tough to know when a rear brake light is out. It could be out for weeks and you'd never know it.
ReplyDeleteFortunately you have a working brake light again, dear Annie - and you can now show us your wonderful bird photos again. I have some ducks, African hump geese and a swan for you today :-)
ReplyDeleteHappy October and all the best
Traude
https://rostrose.blogspot.com/2021/09/rostrosige-september-tage.html
So sorry to hear about your car troubles, glad it's all resolved now. Love the Oriole Photos, one of my Favorite birds. Hope you are having a great weekend!
ReplyDeleteI like the baltimore oriole and the GREAT KISKADEE. I never like encountering cops. Too bad it hampered your birding.
ReplyDeleteShame about your run in with Officer Dibble. But I guess it's better than someone running into your rear end Anni!
ReplyDeleteI'm liking the Great Kiskadee best today but the colours of all the birds are rather striking today. Hope you have a better week and thanks for the link today.
Hello,
ReplyDeleteI am glad it was nothing seriously wrong with your police stop. Beautiful collection of birds and photos. The Baltimore Oriole is one of my favorite birds. Thanks for hosting, have a great day.
glad it was nothing more than a light to replace and that he gave you a warning not a ticket. i love the photo of the grackle, he made me think the words, never more never more
ReplyDeleteNice bird shots! For some reason the one of the house sparrows appeals to me a lot.
ReplyDeleteYour deal with changing the bulb brings back memories of Roger and I changing the license plates a year or two ago. It was not fun or pretty at the time, but now it cracks me up to think about it. Since when does it take two adults to change a license plate?
It could have been worse, glad it wasn't. Love your birdies!!! May this week be a wonderful one. ~ FlowerLady
ReplyDelete