Sunday Morning Birding...


As I mentioned on my personal blog, Hootin' Anni's Day Trippin', I drove to an all nature area that is usually a difficult trek because it's mostly unkempt and difficult to traverse on foot. If you use the link I provided, you can see the beautiful serene landscape of the area! This past weekend I was lucky enough to arrive shortly after the city actually mowed the trail. There I saw few birds, and ended up driving to a park off the Kingsville, Texas exit from the interstate and sighted some, but not many, birds. Here, I share some of what I photographed. The lighting isn't good mostly since some of the birds spotted [the kingfisher!] I was looking INTO the sun. They will have to suffice for this post. Ready?




BELTED KINGFISHER [American Wigeon in background]
Habitat map: Kingfisher




LADDER BACKED WOODPECKER
Habitat map: Woodpecker



NORTHERN HARRIER
Habitat map: Harrier



GREAT KISKADEE
Habitat map: Kiskadee



ANHINGA
Habitat map: Anhinga

For use of graphic link in your post, copy text in gray text area below and paste into your blog post:
or use text linking only copy text in gray text area below and paste into your blog post:


Linking tool is now closed for the week, return on Saturday for a new one.

17 comments:

  1. That Kingfisher has a big wing span! Love everything you saw this week. We had a rainy weekend so I'm anxious to get back out tomorrow! It's a fun time of year for birders!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Always great to see your photos of birds I don't see here in north Mississippi like the Anhinga and Kiskadee.
    Love the photos of the Kingfisher! They are here, too, but hard to find.
    Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Taking photos into the sun is my worst nightmare and I really struggle to get it right. I think you did great Anni. Especially with the peckers. Thanks for the links ☺️.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my GOODNESS!!! These are so wonderful that they belong in National Geographic! Fron the first shot on. I love the kingfisher with the duck in the background,it actually looks posed! and the Kingfisher with his wings spread and beak open, what a majestic photo! He is ready to go fishing! and he had great success in your series of his hunting. i have never seen a Ladder Backed, so he is interesting. and you caught the Harrier actually catching prey! wonderful post today!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Anni,

    Your Kingfisher looks beautiful, the first shot is my favorite. You saw a wonderful variety of birds. Thanks for hosting! Have a happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Anni,: =) Beautiful Kingfisher shots, even though you were facing the sun, and there was a little action going on in second shot. I enjoyed seeing that, in fact you got some great action shots throughout your post, and captured a great variety of beautiful birds..
    Thank you, and thank you for hosting.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nothing in the Harrier's feet when flying up & away. I was surprised! Beautiful pictures, Anni, as always. ~Andrea xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. I enjoyed these excellent shots. Thank you for sharing and hosting.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like your kingfisher. Impressive pics!

    ReplyDelete
  10. love all the birds you share. especially Kingfishers. There is one bird I don´t remember seeing before. The LADDER BACKED WOODPECKER. Such a sweet pecker. Love your shots. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think your pictures are quite wonderful. They depict nature as it really is, often shaded or in the full glare of the sun. Thus, your images reflect the reality of the outdoors and that is very agreeable to me.

    ReplyDelete
  12. they all look fantastic to me and the ones shooting into the sun are beautiful.. You did great to me... glad you could get there after the mowing

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such great shots! I have spied a Northern Harrier around here but never came close to getting a photo.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely to see the birds in these photographs, especially the Kingfisher :)

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  15. Dear Anni,
    yes, sometimes the birds are totally uncooperative ;-) - are in the backlight, hide behind branches, flutter around so fast that the camera cannot follow them or fly far too far ... I know that. We tried the other day Photographing cranes - they were far too far away even for my "monster lens", I only photographed small silhouettes. But I'm not showing these pictures today, but "sometime", I can hardly keep up with posts at the moment ;-) Unfortunately, I don't have any birds in the program today. But I still wanted to visit you :-) And I'm happy about all your bird photos! By the way, I didn't know an anhinga before ...
    Best wishes, Traude
    https://rostrose.blogspot.com/2021/11/mit-tina-und-goga-durch-wien-teil-1.html

    ReplyDelete
  16. These are great photos! I have not seen a single kingfisher this summer!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh Anni!!! Between the Kingfisher and the Harrier, I'm still on cloud nine!! Thank you for your finds!!...jp

    ReplyDelete

Table of Contents