Altho I've been out birding in other areas this week a few times, I wanted to share the past post extended version of the several minutes I stood and watched the green kingfisher while it was busy catching food. Even tho I took dozens of photos, I will share just a few. And even tho most look to be black/white, keep in mind they're not...color they are; just a very drab, dark, day out at the pond! Next week, I hope to be back on more diverse subjects...
We have the belted Kingfisher here and we here and see him more often than we photograph him. He manages to blend in to the trees and is hard to find. You took some amazing pics of this one. It's beautiful! Happy weekend!
I have known all day that I had this to look forward to. These are fabulous captures. Normally, I remember it is the i'd rather b birding day early in the day and then proceed to forget it till a day or two or three later...at least half the time. But I really was anxious to see these. Thank you for always supplying the map link...sometimes I would take the time to look up but others it is just so handy.
What a shame you had such a drab morning to take those pictures anni. The Green Kingfisher must have brilliant colours in better light. its a species i dont see featured on many blogs. you are very fortunate.
Hello Anni, :=) Now, this is a bird I have never even heard of, so it must be a rare sighting.. Well done for capturing it's behaviour on camera. Brilliant series of action photos. I do like the image of the Green Kingfisher with the fish in it's mouth. It has the beak to swoop up fish in flight. Thank you for hosting, and enjoy your day.
No "diverse subjects" needed, Anni! Every single picture you post is a treat... and a gift. Love them all. This Kingfisher is so majestic! ~Andrea XOXOXO
Oh AnnI, this sighting is simply fascinating and your photos of the Kingfisher are just amazing! I'm excited! All the best, Traude https://rostrose.blogspot.com/2022/02/blog-post.html
Great photos!
ReplyDeleteI especially like the ones where it is showing off its wings!
he is sooooo cute, love the one with the fish in his beak. and thewings fluttering.
ReplyDeleteThat sure is an imposing bill! Another of your species which I have seen only once, in the Lower Rio Grande Valley.
ReplyDeleteExcellent captures Anni!
ReplyDeleteWe have the belted Kingfisher here and we here and see him more often than we photograph him. He manages to blend in to the trees and is hard to find. You took some amazing pics of this one. It's beautiful! Happy weekend!
ReplyDeleteIt's a great series, Anni. It's not often we get a chance to memorialize behaviour like this and you did a great job.
ReplyDeleteI love the action shots. I;m not so good at those.
ReplyDeleteI have known all day that I had this to look forward to. These are fabulous captures. Normally, I remember it is the i'd rather b birding day early in the day and then proceed to forget it till a day or two or three later...at least half the time. But I really was anxious to see these. Thank you for always supplying the map link...sometimes I would take the time to look up but others it is just so handy.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful action shots!
ReplyDeleteWhat a shame you had such a drab morning to take those pictures anni. The Green Kingfisher must have brilliant colours in better light. its a species i dont see featured on many blogs. you are very fortunate.
ReplyDeleteHello Anni,
ReplyDeleteThe green Kingfisher looked very active. What a great sequence of photos,
Thanks for hosting. Have a great day and happy week ahead.
Wonderful photos of kingfisher. watching birds is always interesting...
ReplyDeleteThanks for hosting and Have a great weekend!
Hello Anni, :=) Now, this is a bird I have never even heard of, so it must be a rare sighting.. Well done for capturing it's behaviour on camera. Brilliant series of action photos. I do like the image of the Green Kingfisher with the fish in it's mouth. It has the beak to swoop up fish in flight.
ReplyDeleteThank you for hosting, and enjoy your day.
Fabulous post, I do love kingfishers but there is not much water around where we live sadly. Thanks as always for hosting. Diane
ReplyDeleteNo "diverse subjects" needed, Anni! Every single picture you post is a treat... and a gift. Love them all. This Kingfisher is so majestic! ~Andrea XOXOXO
ReplyDeleteLove the photos with wings outstretched! This is a bird I have not gotten close to.
ReplyDeleteOh AnnI, this sighting is simply fascinating and your photos of the Kingfisher are just amazing! I'm excited!
ReplyDeleteAll the best, Traude
https://rostrose.blogspot.com/2022/02/blog-post.html