May Days...


It's only the middle of May for us all, yet, here in Coastal Texas we have had scorching days and warm nights. Temperatures of late August already. We have even reached the century mark for heat indices!! I'm not looking forward to summer. LOL
Being that it's been so hot, if I don't get out before sunrise, I don't get out. I've also been nursing a sprained pelvis along with the chiropractor's help. So, not much long distance walking either, lately. Birding has been put on the back burner so to speak. But, I haven't stayed home ALL the time. When I do get out, I'm only out for a couple of hours, then rush home to the Air Conditioning!!


CATTLE EGRET [breeding plumage]
Habitat map: Egret



WILSON'S PLOVER [endangered -now nesting]
Habitat map: Plover


WILSON'S PHALAROPE
Habitat map: Phalarope


DUNLIN
Habitat map: Dunlin

For use of graphic link in your post, copy text in gray text area below and paste into your blog post:
or use text linking only copy text in gray text area below and paste into your blog post:


Linking Tool is now closed

11 comments:

  1. I sure hope you feel better soon. That sounds very painful. And it's going to be a hot one this coming week so our hikes will be fewer. Even the mornings are humid and no breeze so that's not comfortable either. Love learning some of the shorebirds from you! The Wilson's P. sure is a beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh no on the pelvic sprain. did i miss something or have I forgotten you told us. the face of the cattle egret in the first two photos is so beautiful it makes me want to pet the bird. sorry about your heat wave. we have had perfect weather since November and the past month has been wonderful, down in the high 60's at wake up and 86 to 88 during the day but lower humidity whiche makes it feel cooler than that. the ac is running but just enough to keep us comfy. it is beautiful to be out from daylight to about 10 or 11. then it is to hot outside

    ReplyDelete
  4. I especially like the phalarope, as I have not seen them many times. It has suddenly turned very hot here in Connecticut as well. Hope you feel better soon, as this is the greatest time of year to be out in nature.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Anni,
    I hope you feel better soon! We had our first real humid day today, it is not good walking weather. What a beautiful selection of birds, The Wilson's Plover and the Wilson's Phalarope would be new birds for me. The Cattle Egret is a beauty! Great photos. Thanks for hosting. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful selection today. I have seen the Phalaropes once, they are so cool. Never saw a Cattle Egret, maybe they aren't around here. How on EARTH did you sprain your pelvis? I did not know that is a condition. And I guess there is not much you can do for it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Even if you weren't out there that often and not that long, you brought back wonderful bird photos, dear Anni! I'm getting too hot too, and it's definitely cooler in Austria than where you are. I hope you feel better soon!
    All the best, Traude
    https://rostrose.blogspot.com/2022/05/monatsruckblick-auf-den-april-teil-2.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would never have guessed that the Dunlin went that far north! All your photos are wonderful. I hope you can nurse the sprain along and get over it soon. It is not fun dealing with something like that.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's great to be reminded how handsome a Cattle Egret is in breeding plumage is. It's a stunning bird really. Since my most recent two blog posts concern insects rather than birds (food for birds, however), I will refrain from linking, but if you would still like me to, just let me know. Stay out of the heat, Anni.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The thought of a "sprained pelvis" sounds awful, Anni! *ouch* I hope you get to feeling better soon...and stay cool as you recover. To be so hot already sounds very uncomfortable! ~Andrea xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. It is. better not to be outdoors if it is very hot.

    ReplyDelete

Table of Contents