Island Highway & FYI....


In the past months, these hawks...once seen just about every time I drove over the island highway, seem to now be scarce. I don't know why. But, it was kinda exciting to actually see one recently!!



WHITE TAILED HAWK
Habitat map: Hawk


For use of graphic link in your post, copy text in gray text area below and paste into your blog post:
or use text linking only copy text in gray text area below and paste into your blog post:


LINKING TOOL IS NOW CLOSED<
[fyi below linking tool]:



Just FYI...

I will not be visiting until I return from my break. Hope you all share and visit one another during my absence! Happy Birding!!!!

21 comments:

  1. Splendid image of a great bird. I have seen it only once, in the Lower Rio Grande Valley

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never seen one of these before. Maybe they go somewhere else to breed?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoy your time away, Anni. We will look forward to your return.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is quite a handsome bird!

    ReplyDelete
  5. when you come back follow this link, to see what ended up in our yard while you were on break. you were the ONE person I was axious to see what you thought.
    https://snapperone.blogspot.com/2022/06/cutest-baby-ever-on-nature-friday.html I will be on break tomorrow and maybe tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello,
    It is a new bird to me, Great sighting and photos. I hope you are enjoying your break. Thanks for hosting. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful bird, dear Anni!
    Happy blogbreak and a wonderful Sunday,
    Traude
    https://rostrose.blogspot.com/2022/06/italien-reisebericht-grado-und-aquileia.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super pictures Anni. What a gorgeous hawk! You don't say where you're going but I hope you enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I read that many hawks die before their first birthday due to lack of food. At least the Cooper's Hawks around my area, here in Indiana. Maybe you haven't seen your hawks simply by chance and they're still around somewhere, enjoying their lives. I hope so. As I hope you're enjoying your break, dear friend. Breaks are good things and we will all be waiting when you return. ~Andrea xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful photos of this hawk Anni. Have a nice week.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Have a great blogging break.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yes dear it is a thrill to see them

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful photos of the handsome bird!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Glad you could see it again. Looks beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a lovely hawk it is too. I thought it might be a Western Red-shouldered at first. What a marvelous picture too. I hope that you are doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the raised-eyebrow look!

    ReplyDelete
  17. hey are really majestic birds! Very nice images.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Here I am again, dearest Anni - I hope you are well!
    All the best, Traude
    https://rostrose.blogspot.com/2022/06/hochbetrieb-im-lavendel-und-andere-juni.html

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hello Anni :=) A splendid looking hawk, and one I have never seen. Enjoy your break, and thank you for hosting.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I have enjoyed seeing what I am missing. When I commented on this previously, I dont know why I did not make the comment that it is the same with the hawks here. Previously, I could always count on seeing at least two or three hawks along a certain drive. Often 5 or 6. Mow mist often it is none. Or if I am lucky, one.

    I am still not blogging...Roger feels better than he did when I last blogged.

    ReplyDelete

Table of Contents