Lakeview Park...


For all of us in South Texas, the heat indices are well above the century mark. I get out very early before midday. And, don't misunderstand me. I'd much prefer the heat of summer here than the cold, icy, snowy winters of Colorado where I grew up. You don't have to scoop the heat, and besides, living here where the winters are mild to perfect, I have absolutely no winter garb. Anyway, one morning before shopping for groceries, I drove to a small city park with a lake. As I walked around I noticed young fledglings in the trees along the shore. Several!! I climbed down the bank, found a tree branch that jutted out over the water and sat with my lens aimed at the busyness of the 'chick's!! Also, I noticed quite a few nesting adults. Naturally, I took many photos, and will share some here for the week.













GREEN HERON
Habitat map: Heron


For use of graphic link in your post, copy text in gray text area below and paste into your blog post:
or use text linking only copy text in gray text area below and paste into your blog post:


Linking Tool is now Closed!

11 comments:

  1. Dear Anni,
    it's such a pleasure to see all those Green Herons - the fledglings nd as well the adults. I can imagine that the winters in Texas are nice but I'm not sure if I could stand the summers. Sometimes it's too hot for me in Austria, and here we really have moderate temperatures in comparance to so many other contries...
    Happy weekend and best wishes, Traude
    https://rostrose.blogspot.com/2022/07/mallorca-reisebericht-teil-2-tag-4-bis.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Anni,

    Wow, awesome shots of the Green Heron chicks. Great find, the Green Heron is one of my many favorite birds. Thanks for hosting. Have a happy weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How incredible to see these! Nothing cuter than baby birds....BIG baby birds too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my GOODNESS!!! We have Green Herons, but I have never seen the chicks. Now I will be able to recognize then if I see any. I just saw an adult a few days ago. They are TOO adorable!! Three & four were my favorites, but they are all just such wonderful photos! How great for me that you stopped by here!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You should have posted a cute alert! my face is hurting from grinning ear to ear. the fledglings are just adorable and toooooo cute for words... Beautiful PHOTOS, all of them

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well done! To be able to photograph the young is always a great experience. As for your oppressive and dangerous heat in Texas, there are no conditions that I prefer less!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lucky sighting. They look so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That was a good find Anni. You certainly excel at keeping eyes and ears open for those birding pictures. I wonder how many people just walked on by and didn't stop and marvel at the family goings on? Thanks for the link up again and enjoy your Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a nice find! Those Green Heron chicks are so photogenic. It has been unusually hot here in Connecticut as well, with concerns about water conservation. There is respite from the heat by finding shade or depending upon air conditioning. With the cold it is simply a matter of piling on more layers of clothing, a low-tech solution..

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello Anni, :=) Well, you did find some cute Heron chicks. Their faces are so cute, the bright sunlight really enhances their beautiful plumage. Nice find, and lovely photos.

    ReplyDelete

Table of Contents