Not much happening here in the Coastal Bend. Birding has nearly come to a stand-still. The only thing I accomplished this week worthy of saying something got done was to register for the annual 5K heart walk in October...pledging money for heart research. Other than that, my birding consisted of 'drive by shooting' from the car as I drove around town...



WOOD STORK
Habitat map:
Stork

TRI COLORED HERON
Habitat map:
Heron

SNOWY EGRET
Habitat map:
Egret

BLACK CROWNED NIGHT HERON
Habitat map:
Heron
For use of graphic link in your post, copy text in gray text area below and paste into your blog post:
or use text linking only copy text in gray text area below and paste into your blog post:
Linking tool is now closed
Great photos of long-legged wading birds!
ReplyDeleteHave a wonderful weekend!
You've shown some of my most favorite birds! I love the Snowy Egret and the herons are all beautiful! We have lots of birds but It's so hot to get out and look at them! Stay cool and safe this weekend!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful birds Anni! They all remind me of the birds I saw in Florida. The Wood Storks are a favorite. I love the Night Heron too. Great post and photos. Thanks for hosting, have a happy weekend.
ReplyDeleteWood Stork, so impressive! I had thought it was a Black Headed Ibis. My Night Heron pics aren't NEAR as good as these, there is so much contrast and color.
ReplyDeleteExcellent shot of the Black-crowned Night Heron. You are facing some daunting temperatures down there so I can see why birding has ground to a halt.
ReplyDeleteNice shots! The wood storks look similar to black-headed ibises we find here.
ReplyDeleteGood shots again Anni. And I don't blame you for sticking to the car when the temperature is above normal. Thanks for the link 🙂 today. Enjoy your day 😊.
ReplyDeleteexcellent photos of the wood storks, I remember the first time I saw one here, out at the preserve and I said to Diane the bird person, is THAT A STORK? I had never seen one. the tri color heron has a pricless look on his face. hope the temps will be cooler in OCT
ReplyDeleteHerons & storks.... probably some of my favorite birds! I love these pictures, Anni. ~Andrea xoxo
ReplyDelete