I would also like to make note of the loss of the "world's" queen!! Her passing has definitely put a somber note in my household. I grew up only knowing one Queen...at that is the late Elizabeth II. My condolences to all in the British Commonwealth.
WHITE TAILED HAWK
Habitat map: Hawk

RED TAILED HAWK
Habiat map: Hawk

SNOWY EGRET
Habitat map: Egret

WHITE IBIS
Habitat map: Ibis

GREAT EGRET
Habiat map: Egret

REDDISH EGRET [white morph]
Habitat map: Egret

Linking Tool is now closed
egrets are so elegant! love the close up and my fav is the Ibis with the juvenile, the group.
ReplyDeleteGreat photos!
ReplyDeleteThe last one is my favorite!
Wonderful crisp views of all. I have never seen the white morph of the Reddish Egret and only once saw a White-tailed Hawk. Now that I am sequestered in New England I will likely never encounter them.
ReplyDeleteIt has been a sad week indeed. What a loss to everyone the world over. Love your birds today. I definitely rely on you, Eileen, David G., Rosyfinch, Wally....and others to help me with IDs. And I never learn! lol
ReplyDeleteHello,
ReplyDeleteA great collection of birds, the hawks are a couple of my favorites. I love the closeups of the Egrets. Wonderful photos. Take care, enjoy your weekend!
There is a certain elegance and dignity to egrets I think. Great shots!
ReplyDeleteThese are wonderful closeup bird portraits!
ReplyDeleteThank you for time with these elegant birds
ReplyDeleteGreat portraits today Anni. And thank you for your tribute to Queen Elizabeth. She was a wonderful Queen loved by all the Commonwealth Nations and the people of the USA. This has been a sad week.
ReplyDeleteHello Anni, just superb crisp images of all the birds you share today. I especially admired all three Egret portraits.
ReplyDeleteDear Annie,
ReplyDeleteAfter a (positively) turbulent weekend, I finally get around to visiting you and linking my posting to you. This time there is a small black redstart (Phoenicurus ochruros) to see (but I will show it even larger in another posting). And I photographed the wonderful bird photographs that were on display at the outdoor exhibition La Gacilly-Baden in our district capital of Baden. I found the hoopoe and the bluethroat (Luscinia svecica) particularly pretty. Maybe I can show more of this exhibition at some point... let's see what I can do ;-)
I really like the birds you show! I always admire your close-ups, lovely both the raptors and egret photos. And I find the hustle and bustle of the ibises entertaining :-DD
All the best from Austria, Traude
https://rostrose.blogspot.com/2022/09/juli-august-2022-teil-2-und-weiter-geht.html
Such gorgeous pictures, Anni, and yes.... most people alive on the planet have only known Elizabeth as Queen. Such a sobering thought, isn't it? God rest her wonderful soul. ~Andrea xoxo
ReplyDeleteA wonderful series Anni, beautifully captured. Thank you also for your mention of Queen Elizabeth's passing. Even though she lived to a wonderful age, it was still incredibly sad for those of us who admired her greatly.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful photos...you see so many I will probably never see.
ReplyDeleteI just did a post at Pics & Pieces...it has been stressful. Roger just cannot seem to feel good and stay feeling good.
Beautiful photographs.
ReplyDeleteYes, Queen Elizabeth was a very special lady, she will be missed.
All the best Jan