Bud and I stopped at Leonabelle Turnbull's Birding Center before heading out to lunch. We have taken note of all the other areas we stop to photograph birds, that most places lack in few migrant birds. Nothing typical lately. Dunno know what's up with that. Here are some birds we saw on the lake...

GREAT BLUE HERON
Habitat map: Heron

WHITE PELICAN
Habitat map: Pelican

NORTHERN SHOVELER
Habitat map: Shoveler

BLACK CROWNED NIGHT HERON [juvenile]
Habitat map: Heron

KILLDEER
Habitat map: Killdeer

WILLET
Habitat map: Willet
We also saw Grackles, Stilts, Egrets, Ibis, Cormorants, Lesser Yellowlegs, Long/Short Billed Dowitchers, Green Heron [1], and Laughing Gulls.

Linking Tool is now Closed
It's so nice to have a place that you see so much and come home with a list of birds. The Killdeer is beautiful! Happy weekend!
ReplyDeletethese are each special in their own way, of course the pelican being my favorite bird, is my favorite, all fluffy and cute. the Heron is spectacuar. I am liking the name Leonabelle. about not getting in the blog yesterday, I had that happen twice yesterday but could get in later. today ihad 9 comments from 2013, show up in spam. so did Yam. and the photos don't want to download. they must be tweaking Blogger or either the web is about to collaspe
ReplyDeleteNice bird images despite a quiet day. I too have been disappointed, seeing so few migrants. Back in the 1950's in New Jersey the spring warblers were dripping off the trees which had barely started leafing out. This spring the wind was terrible and they skipped stopping in Connecticut. Only saw seven species this autumn and photographed just three.
ReplyDeleteYour Pelican photo is amazing! And so artstic. It should be hanging up in a museum. There have not been the usual migrants here either.
ReplyDeleteExceptional pictures. If I had to pick a favourite it would be the pelican fluffing its feathers, but they all exude charm.
ReplyDeleteHello, Anni
ReplyDeleteI have missed seeing a lot of migrants too, the timing must have been off. Your birds are beautiful, I love all the photos. Thanks for hosting. Have a great weekend.
Hi Anni. I have vote for the Willet. It's my dream find for the UK as you may remember. Thank you for the update today and enjoy your weekend and the days ahead.
ReplyDeleteYour biding photos are always a pleasure to view.
ReplyDeleteThese are great shots of your bird-sightings, dearest Anni! I find the photo of the pelican in motion particularly funny / exciting / interesting!
ReplyDeleteAll the best from Austria, happy weekend
and Happy Halloween!
Traude
https://rostrose.blogspot.com/2022/10/lebenszeichen-herbstimpressionen.html
You made me go! Wow!
ReplyDeleteThese are very interesting shots. What a veritable haul!
ReplyDeleteThat is an Indian myna bird over at my blog. Thanks for your visiting comment!
ReplyDeleteI love that white pelican shot!
ReplyDeleteHello Anni :=)
ReplyDeleteI'm late in commenting because I was prevented from commenting. Your post kept disappearing, and mine showed up instead each time I tried, also on other blogs It was SO frustrating. Anyway, I'm here now, and have seen and admired all your remarkable captures. I think my favourite is the Pelican fluffing out his feathers. What a great shot. As always, a delightful post.
All the best.