The Northern Harrier is such a magnificent bird! We saw one this week but I didn't get good photos of it. Sure is a thrill to see one fly over though! Happy weekend!
Hello Anni, Awesome variety of birds and great photos. I love the closeups of the Gallinule and the beautiful Harrier. The egrets and Terns are some of my favorite birds. Thanks for hosting. Have a great weekend.
The harrier looks very comfortable in the high grass. Nice that he posed for you so nicely. Those orange thighs of the moorhen-- er, gallinule (presumably because we do not have "moors" in the USA) are not always visible. Love the gathering of egrets and the skygazing tern too.
I think I mentioned before how impossible it is to get photos of our own harriers here in England. That's why I'm so envious your Northern photos Anni. Many thanks for the chance to link up today and have a great weekend.
The Northern Harrier is such a magnificent bird! We saw one this week but I didn't get good photos of it. Sure is a thrill to see one fly over though! Happy weekend!
ReplyDeleteLove the Tern shot! It looks like he is scanning the sky for Hawks! Don't know why Moorhens are called common, they are so pretty!
ReplyDeleteSuperb photographs, Anni. Great details and clarity in all cases; the Common Gallinule is especially impressive.
ReplyDeleteHello Anni,
ReplyDeleteAwesome variety of birds and great photos. I love the closeups of the Gallinule and the beautiful Harrier. The egrets and Terns are some of my favorite birds. Thanks for hosting. Have a great weekend.
The harrier looks very comfortable in the high grass. Nice that he posed for you so nicely. Those orange thighs of the moorhen-- er, gallinule (presumably because we do not have "moors" in the USA) are not always visible. Love the gathering of egrets and the skygazing tern too.
ReplyDeleteI love the markings on the Harrier and I don't think I've ever seen one and I don't remember seeing one on your blog but I might just have forgotten
ReplyDeleteLove snow egrets so much!
ReplyDeleteA couple of exotic birds in the mix. Thank you so much!
ReplyDeleteFantastic shots! Royal tern posed nicely.
ReplyDeleteI think I mentioned before how impossible it is to get photos of our own harriers here in England. That's why I'm so envious your Northern photos Anni. Many thanks for the chance to link up today and have a great weekend.
ReplyDeleteThat last shot of the Royal Tern almost made me laugh out loud!
ReplyDelete