...I'm finding no time to go birding...busy each day painting interior of all rooms in our house!!! Bud is rewiring the outlets and light switches. Kinda too busy to do much of anything else.

BLACK BELLIED WHISTLING DUCKS
Habitat map: Duck

BLACK TERN
Habitat map: Tern

DUNLIN
Habitat map: Dunlin

LONG BILLED DOWITCHER
Habitat map: Dowitcher

RED WINGED BLACKBIRD
Habitat map: Blackbird

STILT SANDPIPER
Habitat map: Sandpiper

LINKING TOOL NOW CLOSED
Dear Annie,
ReplyDeleteI can understand you well. Nothing else gets done during renovations... I'm also very busy here, mainly with travel arrangements at the moment, but I really wanted to run over to you and look at your bird pictures. Even if they come from the archive, they are beautiful. Unfortunately I don't have any REAL birds for you this time: I only photographed glass flamingos (and many other beautiful glass objects) recently... Since I doubt that they fit your linkup, I'll content myself with sending you warm greetings here!
All the best and have a nice weekend,
Traude
https://rostrose.blogspot.com/2022/11/internationale-glastage-in-der.html
Hello,
ReplyDeleteIt is good to visit the archives during your busy times. You have a great variety of birds on this post. The Stilt Sandpiper is pretty, I have not seen yet. The Whistling Ducks and the Black Tern are a few more of my favorites. Thanks for hosting. Have a great weekend.
Nice selections. I envy your Stilt Sandpiper, as I have only seen then a few times and never got a decent photo. Good luck with all your home improvements!
ReplyDeleteI'm sorry you're busy with DIY Anni. It's very annoying as a birder who likes to be in the great outdoors. Note to worry with those photos to fall back to. I like the dowitcher as an aid to my own ID problems. Thank you for the link today and have a great weekend.
ReplyDeleteThese bird photos are fantastic! Quite a variety too.
ReplyDeleteIf you need a little extra practice, I have a couple of rooms that need painting, and as soon as you are finished I promise to take you birding!
ReplyDeleteI have never seen ducks like this. And it looks like just the head of the Tern is black. Love the wide open beak of the blackbird, singing his heart out.
ReplyDeleteI choose the black tern as my favorite today. He/she looks like a black sea gull.
ReplyDeleteI love that you caught the blackbird in song! They are so musical! Enjoy your day sweet lady! Hugs, Diane
ReplyDeleteThat beak is amazing on the dowitcher - I guess it always gets the worms with that!
ReplyDeleteYou certainly are busy!
ReplyDeleteGreat to see these photographs though :)
All the best Jan
Hello Anni :=)
ReplyDeleteI know you would "Rather be Birdin" but you share some fantastic shore birds from your archives, the beautiful Red Winged Blackbird also, one of my favourite American birds. but I also love the Stilt Sandpiper, and the Long Billed Dowitcher, both birds are new to me.
All the best, and thank you for hosting.
You sound so, so busy. These photos are wonderful!
ReplyDelete