This Week...


This past week, I stayed off the ladder. The only bit of work I did was act as an apprentice for Bud and his electrical work. He is removing the old light sockets and plates with the new improved "modern" ones that are shielded from electrical shock. I guess it's a good thing. But, holding the flashlight and setting up the hurricane lanterns for him was "my job".

I did get out to see what birds I could see on the islands. Thing is by the time I arrived at my destination, the sea fog moved in and I couldn't even see the big cargo ships on the channel. I did see a few birds tho. So the trip wasn't wasted...


APLOMADO FALCON
Habitat map: Falcon


greater/LESSER SCAUP
Habitat map: Scaup


LEAST GREBE
Habitat map: Grebe


CATTLE EGRET
Habitat map: Egret


GREEN WINGED TEAL
Habitat map: Teal


TRI-COLORED HERON
Habitat map: Heron


For use of graphic link in your post, copy text in gray text area below and paste into your blog post:
or use text linking only copy text in gray text area below and paste into your blog post:



Linking Tool is now closed

15 comments:

  1. Excellent results for a quick trip sandwiched in between chores. I'd settle just for the Aplomado Falcon on a trip of any length. Good luck with your lighting project. We replaced all the incandescent lights with LEDs. Saving big $$$ now that the days are so short up north.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Falcon is very beautiful. Take care with all the work you are doing! And thanks for the party, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  3. For a foggy day you got great photos of these birds, a very nice variety. I have never seen Aplomado Falcons before, or the Greater/Lesser Scaup. I hope you don’t have too much work left.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Anni,
    Love those Falcons, great sighting. The Green-winged Teal are beautiful. Pretty Egret and Tricolored Heron images. The Grebe is a cutie! Thanks for hosting. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That the trip was not wasted is an UNDERSTATEMENT!! I think you have gotten familiar with your day to day birds there, but those of us who do not live in Texas just don't see birds like these! So they are exotic to me. The Falcon shot is wonderful!! So special...a mated pair, I am thinking? The Teal is gorgeous, and the Scaup!!! What a humerous shot, almost like a caricature!! And the little Grebes are always so sweet. Your trip was WELL worth it!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. they look great with working in fog and my favorites are the winged teals

    ReplyDelete
  7. I do like your Christmas header :)

    A great selection of birds, the winged teals and the least/little grebe are my favourites.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is heart-warming to see those Aplomado Falcons. I remember well when they were first being re-introduced into south Texas and there was concern that the programme would not succeed. Thankfully, it did. It is a very handsome little raptor.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful captures! There’s no dearth of pretty birds.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You Aplomado Falcons are superb Anni. It must be wonderful to know that they are now breeding successfully in your locality. Keep up the DIY jobs. There's a few need doing here if you and Bud have the time. Thanks for the link and have a busy week.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great photos!
    I especially like the Green Winged Teal.
    Have a blessed day!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I wanted to stop back by and tell you thanks so much for your kind words to me yesterday. They really do mean the world to me. And I am enjoying looking at your birds again too! Hugs, DIane

    ReplyDelete
  13. A beautiful set of photos I love the falcons, they are very special,how I would love to see them in real life. Have a good week,Diane

    ReplyDelete
  14. What wonderful selfies of all the beautiful feathered friends.
    Hugs Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  15. The first time I looked at the face of the Scaup...I had the strangest reaction. I could not even leave a comment. And I still cannot explain it. I think my mind was elsewhere, though. The Green-winged Teal looks busy!

    ReplyDelete

Table of Contents