From my book...


I hope now that we're back in the 'business' of sharing, that your New Year started with happiness and health. With the lack of getting out because of all the renovations being done around Anni's; finishing three rooms so far and beginning the huge livingroom this weekend, I am resorting to sharing some photos taken thru the cellphone from the bird photo portfolio that I had published several years ago for my own Texas Reference Book. In the last pages of the book, I have recorded where each bird was seen [location] and month/year. All the photos shared are from my camera over the decade plus of birding in my own vicinity. {number of photos are over 200, but I share just a few for now}....







From top to bottom:

  • Bobolink [rare]

  • Bobwhite Quail

  • Groove-billed Ani

  • Lazuli Bunting [rare]

  • Whooping Crane

  • White-eyed Vireo



  • For use of graphic link in your post, copy text in gray text area below and paste into your blog post:
    or use text linking only copy text in gray text area below and paste into your blog post:


    Linking tool now closed.

    13 comments:

    1. Hello, Anni
      I hope your home improvements will be done soon and you can sit back and enjoy all your hard work. Wonderful variety of birds. The Groove-billed Ani is on my wish list along with the pretty Lazuli Bunting. I have seen the others you have post. Thank you for hosting. Have a happy weekend.

      ReplyDelete
    2. I love seeing your photos and having the ID. We've only seen Bobolinks one time and that was exciting! Hope things goes well with your house this week! Hugs!

      ReplyDelete
    3. I don't know how you do it Anni. A full refurb and finding time to blog. And you still have the biggest one to do! I'm in awe of your work ethic. Therefore thanks for the weekly link. Happy 2023.

      ReplyDelete
    4. i miss the sound of the bob white, i have not heard it in amost 40 years. we are hearing the doves calling now. my favorite is the quail, if i could paint i would paint that one

      ReplyDelete
    5. I especially like the Bobwhite. I saw many when living in Dallas, Texas until 1993, but not since then. Good luck with your ambitious project!

      ReplyDelete
    6. The Ani's tail is spectacular! And the Bobolink...I had no IDEA they look anything like this, it is not what I had picture in my head. So what exactly are you doing to all your rooms? I had thought it was just painting, but it sounds much more extensive! I hope you will be showing before and after photos!

      ReplyDelete
    7. Your book looks gorgeous! You have achieved something special

      ReplyDelete
    8. Those renovations are taking a while. Be sure to post pictures when it's all done, especially if you have before and after shots.

      ReplyDelete
    9. Lovely birds!
      Thanks for hosting!

      ReplyDelete
    10. A very interesting portfolio indeed! Hope you can get back to birding soon.

      ReplyDelete
    11. Good morning from Kentucky Anni. What a beautiful set of birds images and so varied too. I hope that you are doing well. <3

      ReplyDelete
    12. Great pictures! Thank you for hosting.

      ReplyDelete

    Table of Contents