In Search of A Rare Bird...


Note to Christina in Sweden...I could not leave a comment on your blog...so, thanks for taking time to link in last week!...never found the rare bird tho! A reported Ruff was seen at South Pasture Boardwalk. This area is all revamped and finally open again to the public after repair work was done thru the help of FEMA fund after Hurricane Harvey nearly 5 years ago. Many people told me about seeing a Ruff in the salt flats, but I never saw it. Oh well.
I did see these tho while perusing the new trail and climbing the observation tower...








Top to Bottom [with habitat map links]
American Kestrel
Savannah [?] Sparrow
Little Blue Heron
Whooping Cranes [two photos]
Great Blue Heron
Reddish Egret [white morph]


For use of graphic link in your post, copy text in gray text area below and paste into your blog post:
or use text linking only copy text in gray text area below and paste into your blog post:



Linking tool is now closed.

14 comments:

  1. A Ruff in non-breeding plumage is a pretty drab bird anyway, Anni.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, Anni

    Wonderful birds, I really like the Whooping Cranes. Great collection of photos. Thank you for hosting. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. your photos of bird alway show so much detail that i don't see in others. even the familiar bird i see here, there are details I have not seen. the egret is stunning. Savannah sparrow is a first and my favorite today

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Sparrow sure is pretty and I hope you get to check it out again and see the rare bird. Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The American Kestrel and the sparrow are my favourites today. Great captures!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great photos!
    My favorite - the Little Blue Heron

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hard to pick a favorite, they are all great birds. I am going back to take another look. Happy Sunday Anni :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Anni, I'm sorry you missed seeing the Ruff, but you other sightings and photos are superb. The detail you manage to capture, even from a distance away is phenomenal. The American Kestrel,Reddish Egret, and the Savannah Sparrow are thee of my favourites.
    Have a great Sunday Anni, and many thanks for hosting.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anni our fine feather friends are stunning today. I've never seen s Kestrel but we do have the Savannah Sparrows and Herons in our area.
    Guess what sleet and snow in Raleigh this am. I hope it doesn't shock our pretty blooms into falling off. Just sticking to cars, grass and decking.
    Hugs Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice birds! I especially liked the detailed portrait of the kestrel, Little Blue and the Whooping Crane shots.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful birds, dear Anni! The "cuddly" Reddish Egret looks particularly interesting ❤️
    All the best - Traude
    https://rostrose.blogspot.com/2023/03/costa-rica-8-kapitel-nationalpark.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. I had never heard of a Ruff...always learning something new. Great pics...I know i say that all they time but they are.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you for the call out. I find it harder to comment nowadays, it is always some thingthe goes wrong with the comments. Sometimes the webåage will not aloow me to comment at all. But will make a new thry to comment here. Many thanks for keeping this link party going and for the lovely pictures of the birds you meet. Also many thanks to all the other participants in the link party. Many greetings from Christina in Sweden.

    ReplyDelete

Table of Contents