It's been nothing but short excursions these past couple of weeks, I still tire easily. For a bit of exercise and fresh air, we just drive to local, close-by parks in and around town...
A Pair of GREAT KISKADEE[S]
photo taken: Blucher Park - Corpus Christi, Texas
Immature WHITE IBIS
photo taken: Lakeview Park - Corpus Christi, Texas
CRESTED 'MALLARD'
Not to be confused with the wild crested duck of South America, this fancy-quoiffed duck is descended from the domestic mallard and sports a pouf of feathers growing out of back of its head. This crest is actually caused by a genetic mutation that duck breeders have selected. This mutation causes a duck to be born with a gap in its skull, which is filled with a growth of fatty tissue. It's from this that the pouf of feathers sprouts.
photo taken: Lakeview Park - Corpus Christi, Texas
ORANGE CROWNED WARBLER [?]
photos taken: Blucher Park - Corpus Christi, Texas
PURPLE MARTIN
photo taken: Blucher Park - Corpus Christi, Texas
RUBY CROWNED KINGLET
photos taken: Leonabelle Turnbull Birding Center
Now share your birding experiences:
or use text linking only copy text in lavender text area below and paste into your blog post:









Hello Anni!:) Wonderful series of bird photos!:) The one that surprised and intrigued me the most was the Crested Mallard. How extraordinary! It was interesting to read how the feathers form on it's head.
ReplyDeleteRegards.
i have never seen a crested mallard before, they are kinda fancy!!! love the warblers!!!!
ReplyDeleteYour short trips have yielded results just as good as your long trips!! And I am glad you are taking it easy for awhile and not trying to push yourself. The kiskadees are so impressive, and so is the Ibis! The Crested Mallards are absurd and I think not even God would create something this silly. Why can't man leaves nature alone? They are totally GOOFY! BUT so much fun to look at!!! This post ROCKS!!
ReplyDeletelove the kiskadees and would love to see one sometime. adore those kinglets!
ReplyDeleteNothing quite like time with nature to heal and refresh both body and soul. Beautiful pictures.
ReplyDeleteNice set of lovely birds!
ReplyDeleteAnni, wonderful series of photos ! These birds are gorgeous !!
ReplyDeleteHave a nice weekend :)
Dearest Anni; What GORGEOUS photographs of beautiful birds♬♬♬ These sweet pictures made my morning heartwarming. Having breakfast from now p:-)
ReplyDeleteSending Lots of Love and Hugs from Japan to my Dear friend in America, xoxo Miyako*
Magnificent beautiful blog with posts and photos with beautiful colors and magnificent processed.
ReplyDeleteCongratulations and greetings from Gran Canaria - Canary Islands (Spain).
I follow with interest ........
Beautiful Kiskadees and the Orange Crowned warbler and kinglet. Gorgeous shots of them all!
ReplyDeleteHi Anni - Glad to hear that you're still getting out and about. I wish you a speedy recovery. You posted a beautiful set of photos - I've never heard of the Crested Mallard before - I always learn something new by visiting your blog!!
ReplyDeleteExcellent photos! I feel kind of sorry for the crested mallard. It doesn't seem right.
ReplyDeleteGreat seeing that you are getting fresh air and exercise! Keep healing! The broken eye ring is a good indicator of Orange-crowned Warbler. We have a few locally all winter, but they are reclusive..
ReplyDeleteLovely selection of birds this week. So good you are getting out to enjoy Nature.
ReplyDeleteOh I want to see a Kiskadee! Great shots today, Anni. I'm glad you are feeling well enough to get out and about. My mom had stints put in, and she is having a bit of trouble with hematomas?, but she has been trying to get out this last week and it has made her feel 100% better.
ReplyDeleteHello Anni. I'm so pleased you're getting out and about and staying so positive. That's a great selection of birds you posted, especially since you didn't travel so far.
ReplyDeleteI'm sure our respective weathers will warm up soon.
Anni, good to hear that you are out and about. Like the Crested Mallard. Thanks for sharing.
ReplyDeleteI think my favorite photos are of the orange crowned warbler. It just looks so cheerful.
ReplyDeleteI hope you have a quick recovery and will let people spoil you. My grandmother was in the hospital recently, too. I think it's been really tough for her to slow down, but she does looove the attention... nothing new there. Lol!
Have a magical weekend, Anni!
gosh, the "bad hair day" of the mallard male is hilarious :) Are they really doing this on purpose? Strange.
ReplyDeleteLove the young ibis :)
Hi Anni. You managed to find a beautiful selection of birds from your local excursions.
ReplyDelete(i tried to link this morning. page froze after i clicked to submit. could never get your blog to reload all the way. didn't know if it took it or not.)
ReplyDeleteGreat Photos - especially like the warbler and kinglet. Thanks for hosting!
ReplyDeleteHi Anni, Sure enjoyed the bird photos. Nice work! Thank you for your comments on my Anni's Challenge!!!! It was a fun post for sure. Hope your recovery is going well ... Take it easy and God bless. John
ReplyDeleteYour Ibis is stunning and nothing wrong with staying short and local - sometimes we miss the stuff that is right in our yard. Keep healing!
ReplyDeleteIt's fun to see the birds in Texas where I used to live, I don't get to see them here. The RC Kinglets are so cute! I enjoy the feeding station at Sabal Palm.
ReplyDeleteYour bird photos are so amazing. I'm always impressed when I visit. Thanks for hosting each week!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful Anni
ReplyDeleteThese are really prachgie birds and what a lot of different. The links are again many beautiful blogs with great items.
ReplyDeleteHi Anni, sorry I missed joining in. I am back from vacation and I am finally catching up with some comments and blog reading.. I love all your pretty birds. The kinglet is one of my favorites.. Happy Friday!
ReplyDelete