One last post of some of my favorite captures throughout 2015...

AMERCIAN KESTREL
photo taken: Charlie's Pasture North - Port Aransas, Texas
habitat map: Kestrel

CORMORANT close up & personal
photos taken: Leonabelle Turnbull Refuge - Port Aransas, Texas
habitat map: Cormorant

GOLDEN FRONTED WOODPECKER & COMMON GRACKLE
photos taken: woodpecker Rose Hill Cemetery & grackle Texas A&M trail - Corpus Christi
habitat maps: Woodpecker & Grackle

BLACK CRESTED TITMOUSE & SNOWY EGRET
photos taken: Titmouse -Falfurrias, Texas & Egret - Paradise Pond
habitat maps: Titmouse & Egret

BARN OWL & BLACK VULTURE
photos taken: Owl - Calallen, Texas & Vulture - Victoria, Texas
habitat maps: Owl & Vulture

RUBY THROATED HUMMINGBIRD & LOGGERHEAD SHRIKE
photos taken: Hummingbird - Our back yard & Shrike - Packery Channel Park
habitat maps: Hummingbird & Shrike

YELLOW WARBLER & TENNESSEE WARBLER [or Orange Crowned Warbler?]
photos taken: Port Aransas, Texas
habitat map: Yellow & Tennessee

BLACK & WHITE WARBLER - AMERICAN OYSTERCATCHER
photos taken: Warbler - Blucher Park & Oystercatcher - Padre Island National Seashore
habitat maps: Warbler & Oystercatcher

WHITE WINGED DOVE
photo taken: Bazemore Park - Calallen, Texas
habitat map: Dove
Now share your birding experiences:
For use of graphic link in your post, copy text in lavender text area below and paste into your blog post:

or use text linking only copy text in lavender text area below and paste into your blog post:

AMERCIAN KESTREL
photo taken: Charlie's Pasture North - Port Aransas, Texas
habitat map: Kestrel

CORMORANT close up & personal
photos taken: Leonabelle Turnbull Refuge - Port Aransas, Texas
habitat map: Cormorant

GOLDEN FRONTED WOODPECKER & COMMON GRACKLE
photos taken: woodpecker Rose Hill Cemetery & grackle Texas A&M trail - Corpus Christi
habitat maps: Woodpecker & Grackle

BLACK CRESTED TITMOUSE & SNOWY EGRET
photos taken: Titmouse -Falfurrias, Texas & Egret - Paradise Pond
habitat maps: Titmouse & Egret

BARN OWL & BLACK VULTURE
photos taken: Owl - Calallen, Texas & Vulture - Victoria, Texas
habitat maps: Owl & Vulture

RUBY THROATED HUMMINGBIRD & LOGGERHEAD SHRIKE
photos taken: Hummingbird - Our back yard & Shrike - Packery Channel Park
habitat maps: Hummingbird & Shrike

YELLOW WARBLER & TENNESSEE WARBLER [or Orange Crowned Warbler?]
photos taken: Port Aransas, Texas
habitat map: Yellow & Tennessee

BLACK & WHITE WARBLER - AMERICAN OYSTERCATCHER
photos taken: Warbler - Blucher Park & Oystercatcher - Padre Island National Seashore
habitat maps: Warbler & Oystercatcher

WHITE WINGED DOVE
photo taken: Bazemore Park - Calallen, Texas
habitat map: Dove
Now share your birding experiences:

or use text linking only copy text in lavender text area below and paste into your blog post:
Hello Anni, I love the Kestrel shot and the Barn owl is awesome. I have yet to see a Barn Owl in the wild, maybe someday. Great birds and wonderful collection of photos. Thanks for hosting, enjoy your weekend!
ReplyDeleteOf course....there is something about seeing ANY bird, especially one you have on 'the list' is exciting. Thanks Eileen.
DeleteINcredible birding year Anni -- thank you so much for sharing. I love the owl and the titmouse. Fabulous.
ReplyDeleteThanks Sallie.
DeleteA really fine post! I'm IN
ReplyDeleteThanks Cloudia!!
DeleteHello Annie!:)Awesome captures of all the birds. I was just thinking that the last photo of the White Winged Dove would make a beautiful study for a drawing.:)
ReplyDeleteI have an enlarged photo of the very same framed on my wall. But drawing it would be a good one too. Thanks.
DeleteAnni, fantastic 2015. Looking forward to 2016. Thanks for sharing.
ReplyDeleteThanks Doug.
DeleteI especially like the kestrel and the Barn Owl. The grackle's and cormorant's eyes really sparkle! (Here I go again-- the white at bend of wing, olive underparts, split eye ring and plain face suggest Orange-crowned Warbler-- what do yo think?)
ReplyDeleteThat day, there were several T Warblers flitting around. I didn't see any O C W at the time. And to me, tho the guide books show they're nearly the same in size, I think the T Warblers are a bit larger and 'heftier looking' as this one.
DeletePS, thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Happy Birding!
ReplyDeletethank YOU for hosting Eileen.
DeleteI give a hoot for that Barn Owl, Anni!
ReplyDelete~
Cute play on words here!! Clever you. Oh, and of course my personal blog being "Hootin' Anni's" too. lol
DeleteBeautiful, the year that we use, thanks Anni.
ReplyDeleteThank YOU Bob
DeleteAll beautiful!
ReplyDeleteIf I had to pick a favorite, it would be the Yellow Warbler.
Thanks for hosting this fun meme
Lea
I like the yellow warbler too!! Thanks Lea
Deletethey're all great. :)
ReplyDeleteThanks Ms. T
DeleteGreat mix of favorites! I like too many of them, to settle on which one is my favorite!
ReplyDeleteThanks Anne
DeleteThanks Annie, and Ditto!:)
ReplyDelete:::smile:::
DeleteA beautiful selcetion of birds Anni.
ReplyDeleteWonderful pictures of different birds.
ReplyDeleteWell done.
Best regards, Irma
Thank you Irma
DeleteGreat series of photos !!
ReplyDeleteGreetings !
Thanks Ela
Deletei have a lot of favorites!!! the kestrel, the barn owl and the hummingbird....but the egret and the dove are marvelous!! so i guess that means i could not pick a favorite. but that's a good thing right??!! all are beautiful!!!
ReplyDeleteThanks, glad you enjoyed them all Debbie
DeleteWhat a great assortment! You always amaze me with your bird photography. Thanks for hosting each week.
ReplyDeleteThank you for joining in on the birding with us all!!
DeleteHola from Spain Anni. Yes we escaped rainy England for 2 weeks in sunny Lanzarote. Love the kestrel most but
ReplyDeleteall are beautz. Catch ya soon.Phil.
Buenos Dias mi Amigo!! Gracias!!
DeleteAbsolutely gorgeous, Anni!
ReplyDeleteThanks Linda
DeleteI so enjoyed seeing your favorites, Anni! What a fabulous year! We have had an American Kestrel hanging around here for about four months now and I never get tired of listening for him and watching him dart about. Such a neat bird. Have a great rest of your weekend!
ReplyDeleteI'm not sure I've heard them in real time!! But I agree, they dart around a lot!!
Deletegorgeous set of birds again. It´s amazing. I have to travel to see them. And that is what I´m just about to do. On Friday I leave for Japan to shot birds and nature. Winter images. I will not be joining you for three weeks. See you then.
ReplyDeleteEnjoy the trip!!!
DeleteWhat a neat experience to see all these beautiful birds. Thanks for sharing them Anni and for hosting. Always fun to join in when I have birds to share. Have a great week :)
ReplyDeleteAnd, Denise, it's always fun to have you join in and sharing!!!
DeleteSuch wonderful photos, Anni! My favorites were the kestrel, the barn owl and the loggerhead shrike! Sorry I am a little late linking in this time....wasn't feeling well last night & earlier today. Hope you have a great week!
ReplyDeleteWell, I hope you're feeling much better today, then, Marie!!
DeleteWonderful series, Anni. I will be off line for a while longer. Having a knee replaced on Monday.
ReplyDeleteReally nice photo of the Kestrel!
ReplyDeleteAll these wonderful birds and raptors.
ReplyDeleteI really enjoy here very much.
Thank you for these beautiful birds.
Greetings, Helma
Anni, your captures are worth a thousand words...that Kestrel is OUTSTANDING!!!!...:)JP
ReplyDeleteThat yellow warbler is so cute!
ReplyDeleteI want to pet it. Lol!
Anni, I am so jealous of that Kestrel shot! How did you get so close?? I always see them perched high up on wires and as soon as I park the car, they're outta there. Anyway, I am loving all the close-ups of the birds today. I'm gonna try to link up from my new site for your next link up. Thanks for all you do!
ReplyDeleteThats a very good collection of images - I always think it's a good idea to do a retrospective like this - makes you (or at least me!) remember how much I have actually seen!
ReplyDeleteCheers - Stewart M - (finally back in) Melbourne