Drive By Shooting....



These images I share this week are photos taken from the car window rolled open and the camera lens is focused on the nearby sightings along the winding road into Indian Point Park and then, the exit ramp to the freeway from Indian Point to Sunset Lakes...


...what I call 'drive by shootings'


Turkey Vulture on a dead tree limb...

Roseate Spoonbill in high grass near a roadside runoff...


Belted Kingfisher trying to hide from me as I neared the exit ramp...


Long Billed Curlew at roadside runoff...when I stopped to 'shoot' it...it flew off

Reddish Egret at the on ramp to the freeway, toward Sunset Lakes

A Neotropic Comorant in flight off the water's surface at Sunset Lakes...


Great Blue Heron at water's edge just inches from the car window...


Osprey on Power Line Pole.  As I stopped, rolled the window down, 'shot' it ---it too flew off!



TURKEY VULTURE, SPOONBILL, GREEN KINGFISHER
LONG BILLED CURLEW, REDDISH EGRET, NEOTROPIC CORMORANT
GREAT BLUE HERON & OSPREY
All images taken in the same area:  Indian Point Park/Sunset Lakes - Corpus Christi & Portland, Texas boundaries



Now share your birding experiences:









For use of graphic link in your post, copy text in lavender text area below and paste into your blog post:



or use text linking only copy text in lavender text area below and paste into your blog post:

21 comments:

  1. Great photos!
    Have a wonderful week-end!
    Lea

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Anni, awesome birds and sightings. I would love to see the Long-billed Curlew. Great shots of all the birds. Thanks for hosting, enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing sightings and captures Anni, and I like them all, especially the Osprey, Heron, and Spoonbill captures.My entry this week is poor with only one bird to share, sorry about that! I don't even know if it's a wild bird.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You shot a bunch of nice birds and all of them survived! It has been a few year since I last saw a Long-billed Curlew. You bagged that one on the fly!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Anni. I know those drive by shootings, cos any of my best pictures are from a wound down driver's car window. those darned birds can't see my legs or most of my body and aren't too bothered about a head. Unless of course those eyes of mine scare them when off they fly never to be seen again. If only I could take to wearing one of those balaclava outfits. But if the cops saw me driving around in a dark hood I might get arrested?

    What's a guy or gal supposed to do?

    That is one great shot of the Osprey looking deep into your eyes(lens). if looks could kill you would be up there between those talons!!

    Enjoy your Sunday birds - I will.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So envious of those Kingfisher shots ...I love this bird and never ever ever can get a picture. Thanks for all the great birds and for hosting.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Spoonbill is just about my favorite bird! It's so unique and the colors are so soft. I like your banner. We hiked yesterday and heard an owl...and looked and looked! I would love to get a photo of one! Enjoy your weekend! Hugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great job catching birds in action. I know it's not easy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great drive-bys, Anni! I love that head-on shot of the osprey!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anni, marvelous collection. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Anni, a very successful time with your driveby's. Splendid photos, all of them. The Osprey really had you in its sights. Amazing bird, beautiful eyes. All amazing birds!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your out-the-window shots are very sharp, Anni. Happy Birdin'!
    ~

    ReplyDelete
  13. I call them drive-by shootings too! :-) Yours are wonderful! I especially love the Great Blue Heron (first shot)...gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  14. That's the kind of drive-by shooting I can appreciate.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wonderful shots…all of them! Looks like you have this "drive by shooting" down to an art.

    ReplyDelete
  16. must be a terriffic place if you could get all of these from the car.

    Love the images of the Belted Kingfisher.
    Thanks for hosting :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your are really skilled with your "drive-by shooting", Anni, cute title. The little kingfisher is so cute hiding from the camera.

    ReplyDelete
  18. WOW, Anni! Your are quick on the trigger and a great shot...these are AWESOME!!!...:)JP

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Anni. I had a little bit of a hard time finding the "comments" section, and not sure why...happy to be here though. That's it, oh my goodness, we are the same. I am a "drive by shooter" ;) !!! How great that you gave us a term, a name. I shoot out the window all the time, and even when on vacation, while the husby drives 70 to 85 mph, and I just shoot and shoot. Love all of your shots, especially the hiding Kingfisher. Wonderful post~

    ReplyDelete
  20. I see a lot of beautiful bird pictures.
    The roseate spoonbill is really special. I used to think these were painted maaar they are really pink. In the Netherlands, you only see white spoonbills. The Kingfisher is also great to see.
    I've enjoyed it.
    Greetings, Helma

    ReplyDelete

Table of Contents