This week Bud and I have company, so my visiting and checking links will be nil. My sister, from Colorado, will be spending an entire week with us while we go birding and doing sisterly things together. In the meantime, I have this pre-scheduled post ready for the 14th/15th linking tool. Hope you can follow some of the birders and enjoy their images in my absence. Please note your participation is greatly appreciated. See you next time on the 21st with a smile on my face; anxious to get back with y'all.
Here is the clapper rail I spotted a few weeks ago....seen only along the U S Gulf and Atlantic coasts. Tho most of the rails in America are nearly identical, I could tell this was a clapper rail since I heard its call that alerted me to its location!! The rails' calls are quite different from each. [the link for the rail's sound is NOT my video]







CLAPPER RAIL
photos taken: Indian Point - Sunset Lakes @ Corpus Christi/Portland, Texas
habitat map: Rail
...One more species for this week is the Anhinga.
We used to see these quite often, but now it's become a rare sighting in our part of the globe. This is the first time I was able to get one in flight pattern...

ANHINGA
photos taken: Polywog Ponds - Corpus Christi, Texas
habitat map: Anhinga
Now share your birding experiences:

or use text linking only copy text in lavender text area below and paste into your blog post:
Great pics, Anni. I hope the visit goes great!
ReplyDelete~
Hello Anni, love the Clapper Rail! Great sighting and wonderful photos. Enjoy your break and visit with your sister. Thanks for hosting, have a happy weekend and new week ahead!
ReplyDeletebeautiful species both of them. I hope you will have a great time with your family. :)
ReplyDeleteI've never seen a clapper rail. What a great name. And a handsome bird too.
ReplyDeleteHello Ms. Anni! So glad to get to visit your blog this morning. Wonderful photos! I did get to see at least two new types of birds in Europe!! Wishing you a great weekend.
ReplyDeleteHae a great week with your sister.Love the rail shots. I hope you have a great weekend and see you next week.
ReplyDeleteYes, have a great week with your sister. These photos are brilliant :)
ReplyDeleteHello Anni, wherever you are.:) I hope you are having a whale of a time with your sister. Love all your fantastic captures of two species I hadn't heard of before. Enjoy your break.:)
ReplyDeleteEnjoy the visit and the birding with your sister.
ReplyDeleteawesome captures of the clapper rail. from behind, looking a bit like a white tailed deer!!
ReplyDeletehave an amazing time with your company!!!!
You have introduced me to so many new birds, and I just wanted to say thanks for sharing these shots and for hosting. Great captures!
ReplyDeleteAnni, great capture of the Clapper Rail. Enjoy the time with your sister. Thanks for sharing.
ReplyDeleteI love your beautiful photos of birds !!
ReplyDeleteGreetings
Great pictures. I hope you see lots of great birds with your sister.
ReplyDeleteExcellent pictures! Greetings to your sister!
ReplyDeleteNice looking rail - I'll be posting a rail for this weeks WBW - must be theme!
ReplyDeleteCheers - Stewart M - Melbourne
Those are amazing images! Thanks for hosting, and I hope you have a great week!
ReplyDeleteVery Cozy your sister from Colorado is with you :-)
ReplyDeleteLovely sister things together :-)
Enjoy it.
Your photos of this feeling again very beautiful.
He looks like our water rail :-)
Hope that your week spent with your sister was filled with lots of good memories!
ReplyDelete