In the Merry Merry Month of May...


I'm back to resume blogging again, from having company all last week. It was truly a whirlwind with tons of fun, food, and reminiscing with laughter and tears! Of course it went by all too quickly. My sister and I had a grand time together. So much happened that I just can't put it into words here. But, I will be updating the week's adventures, in short, on my personal blog!!

So, on with the birding for this week----


RUBY THROATED HUMMINGBIRD [female]
photo taken:  Blucher Park - Corpus Christi, Texas
habitat range:  hummingbird

...the Magnolia Warbler I've seen a few times, but this is the FIRST photograph I've shared.

MAGNOLIA WARBLER
photo taken:  Blucher Park - Corpus Christi, Texas
habitat range:  warbler


BLACK THROATED GREEN WARBLER
photo taken:  Blucher Park - Corpus Christi, Texas
habitat range:  warbler


BLACK TERN
photo taken:  Near Jetty - Port Aransas, Texas
habitat range:  tern


PAINTED BUNTING [female]
photo taken:  Blucher Park - Corpus Christi, Texas
habitat range:  bunting


AMERICAN REDSTART [male]
photo taken:  Blucher Park - Corpus Christi, Texas
habitat range:  redstart





Now share your birding experiences:










For use of graphic link in your post, copy text in lavender text area below and paste into your blog post:



or use text linking only copy text in lavender text area below and paste into your blog post:

21 comments:

  1. I especially love those warbler shots. I have never photographed a Black Tern and have not seen one in years since leaving Texas. Here in south Florida all the migrants are long gone and I'm finding it difficult to find 20 species on the morning walks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. May has been a great month for bird and animal sightings up North. And now we even have good weather. Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful birds. glad you had good family time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. All the birds are great but that Magnolia Warbler is stunning Anni HAve a lovely weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow, you have so many gorgeous birds around you. Love them all.

    Glad you had fun last week. And thanks for hosting :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the warbler .. Black tern is a new one for me (even virtually). Thanks as always. Glad you and your sis had a good time together!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Anni, you always have some great birds there. The warblers are beautiful. But, the Black Tern is my favorite. I keep missing that Tern, I have to see if any are in my area. Great photos and post. Thanks for hosting, happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Magnolia Warbler is so pretty, Anni. Great shots!!!
    ~

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is a great selection of birds Anni. I have never seen any of them. One day I hope :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great photos! Loved them...that black throated green warbler is my favorite! Glad you had a wonderful visit with your family.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful birds! I'm glad you had a great time with your family.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those first two warblers are simply stunning Anni. The colours in North American warblers never cease to amaze me, especially since our own Old World warblers tend to be very dull in comparison.

    I hope you have a great week ahead and find more warblers to share.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello Annie!:) Lovely pictures of all the birds. I also love your colourful Warblers, they have lovely markings too, and it's a treat to see them, as it is to see your beautiful American Redstart.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Always nice to visit your blog, Anni !!
    Beautiful photos !!
    Happy weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Anni, your photos are absolutely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous gorgeous images! Wonderful details! I enjoyed all of these images of birds that are not familiar to me!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love the hummingbird and painted bunting captures :) <3

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh so many beautiful shots of great birds! I don't know if the Redstart is local to us in VA, but a few have been sighted this month... How I would love to see one myself! The rain here has stopped finally, so may get some birding time in this week! Yay! Thanks for sharing! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Gorgeous birds! I'm glad you got close-up shots of them.

    ReplyDelete
  20. All these wonderful birds.
    I therefore enjoy tremendously here.

    Greetings, Helma

    ReplyDelete

Table of Contents