There are a LOT of photos [I'll keep them small* for loading time. *click to enlarge viewing] so I will refrain from a lot of conversation. I left home before sunrise, crossed the Harbor Bridge and stopped at Indian Point Park. This is what I encountered...


Indian Point Fishing Pier at Sunrise



Cormorants in a Row...one flying off


Black Crowned Night Heron & TriColored Heron [in Mangrove]





Osprey on Light Pole & in Flight

Black Skimmers in Flight


Black Skimmers, Snowy Plover and Seagulls


Black Skimmers in Flight


Black Skimmers, Seagulls, Marbled Godwit - Immature Skimmer
[immature is dappled - on the right]


Cattle Egrets


Marbled Godwits & in flight

I believe this is a Little Blue Heron [immature-white morph]
INDIAN POINT PARK
photos taken: Indian Point Park - Corpus Christi\Portland, Texas
habitat maps: Little Blue Heron, Black Skimmers, Marbled Godwit, Osprey, Cattle Egret, Laughing Gulls, Black Crowned Night Heron, Cormorant, TriColored Heron, Snowy Plover
Now share your birding experiences:

or use text linking only copy text in lavender text area below and paste into your blog post:
all beautiful water birds.
ReplyDeleteThese are very beautiful birds !!
ReplyDeleteHappy weekend !
so many gorgeous birds and great photos. Love them all in different ways. The black skimmer I love but have never seen, the Osprey seem to be everywhere. I share some this week from Queensland :)
ReplyDeleteHello Anni!:) Such beautiful sunrise shots, and Osprey captures. Fun shot of the Cormorant line up, and the one flying off too, but they are all great captures, especially when seen enlarged.
ReplyDeleteGorgeous shots! I especially loved the osprey!
ReplyDeleteHello, Anni! Looks like a great birding outing. I love the osprey and skimmers. Awesome photos and post. Thanks for hosting. Happy weekend to you!
ReplyDeleteWonderful birds, especially the Ospreys!
ReplyDeleteWow, these are all super shots- all beautiful birds.
ReplyDeleteAwesome pictures! I love the sunrise, the cormorants all in a row, the herons, osprey, ans skimmers. Those are my favorites. Oh heck, I might as well say they are ALL my favorites!
ReplyDeleteGreat post Anni, love all the birds. Really wish I could get out that way and see them all myself but it is so good to see them through your wonderful photos. Thank you and have a great weekend :)
ReplyDeleteObviously it pays to get up early. Nice work!
ReplyDeleteVery interesting and very beautiful bird photos!
ReplyDeleteThank you for hosting.
Have a lovely Sunday and a happy new week!
Hi Anni. And yes, I'm late. It was a good party last night. Now you have gone and shown some birds I'm really desperate to see but probably never will, Black Skimmers and Marbled Godwits. I'd rather like to get close to an Osprey again too (last time in Egypt moons ago). Never mind, I'm just grateful for blogs and contact with fellow birders who share their news, views and photos. It's just great isn't it?
ReplyDeleteHave a fine week.
Anni, always amazed by your variety of birds. Thanks for sharing your bird photos.
ReplyDeleteGreat collection of photographs, Anni. You are a very dedicated birder, and that's a good thing!
ReplyDelete~
Anni, as you know, I am a big raptor fan so your Osprey pix were my favorites!! I have seen Osprey here in the Summer at the lakes and rivers I kayak and over my yard, heading to the dam for a nice fish!...:)JP
ReplyDelete