If my ID is correct on the following bird, it was another new species for me to photograph. It has the yellow throat/breast with white belly, white around the tail feathers, olive green back and two prominent wing bars. This may be incorrect, so you experts out in blogland/birdland, do specify the species for me if you think I'm wrong. Any assistance is always appreciated...



PINE WARBLER
photos taken: Linda Castro Sanctuary - Fulton, Texas
habitat map: Warbler
This hawk flew out of the huge oak trees while I was birding on a quiet afternoon at the cemetery. I couldn't believe my luck that it allowed me to get within 8-10 feet from it before it took flight. Of course, it was watching me and my camera all the time...



RED SHOULDERED HAWK
photos taken: Rose Hill Cemetery - Corpus Christi, Texas
habitat map: Hawk
I love hearing this particular bird sing. It is spot on and so apropos for its name....
"kiss-kah-DEE, kiss-kah-DEE"
I find myself hoping to get a photo of this bird with its yellow crest up [like a cardinal]. That's why I take so many photos of it and so often....some day!!



GREAT KISKADEE
photos taken: Paradise Pond - Port Aransas, Texas
habitat map: Kiskadee
When on the beaches around my area, seagulls are usually very thick and active. Here are three different ones seen in the same grouping, enjoying the warm sun tho the winds that day were quite chilly...



LAUGHING - RING BILLED - BONAPARTE'S [Gulls]
photos taken: Magee Beach - Port Aransas, Texas
habitat maps: Laughing, Ring Billed, Bonaparte's
This sparrow was very active, searching for a meal...



LINCOLN'S SPARROW
photos taken: Oso Bay Wetlands - Corpus Christi, Texas
habitat map: Sparrow
Now share your birding experiences:

or use text linking only copy text in lavender text area below and paste into your blog post:
nice birds. The Kiskadee I have seen but not the others, so I can´t help out with the name. Great shots :)
ReplyDeletegorgeous close-ups!! i was chasing (not really, they were chasing me) sea gulls at the beach a few days ago, those are the popular ones here at the jersey shore!!!
ReplyDeleteHi Anni. I'm no expert either but is that a Black-throated Green Warbler? Good to see the three gulls for comparison. The Bonapartes is much like our Black-headed Gull but much daintier, as your picture shows. Those Kiskadees? Did I see them in Dominican Republc? I need to check. Thanks for the join up today.
ReplyDeleteNice to see all these beautiful birds !!
ReplyDeleteFantastic photos !!
Happy weekend !
Hello, pretty warbler and sparrows. Love the Hawk and the kiskadee. Great series of photos. Thanks for hosting, enjoy your weekend.
ReplyDeleteWe have a lot of pine warblers here in Florida and it does look like one. Of course right now all the warblers are getting more of their bright yellows and it's hard to id them. We have a tiny palm warbler too. I didn't get to link with you today! Boohoo! I did a post on Manatees. Enjoy your weekend! Hugs, Diane
ReplyDeleteSuch a great variety of impressive birds today! The first yellow bird looks like a Goldfinch, but I know it is NOT, because the beak is not right. That is a fine hawk, and your pictures are sharp and great! I have not seen a Kiskadee before, he is lovely!! He has a cap painted by God.
ReplyDeleteWhat beautiful birds - every one! I'm no photographer but I do love birds! My favorite is the mockingbird and I'm listening it sing its heart right outside my door. We keep our doors open a good bit and it's not unusual for birds to fly into the house! They flit around until they find their way out again!
ReplyDeleteEach one is a real beauty!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful photos. How exciting that you saw and photographed your first Pine Warbler. I don't believe I've ever seen one. I don't know bird species very well but I do love looking at them. Enjoy your weekend. x
ReplyDeleteExcellent details and colors!
ReplyDeleteYou always have such a variety of lovelt birds you have photographed. Happy birding.
ReplyDeleteAnni, what a splendid array of birds. Thanks for sharing.
ReplyDeleteGorgeous series of photos Anni! I especially like the Cooper's hawk. Thanks for hosting again.
ReplyDeleteDearest Anni; Oh, GREAT KISKADEE caught my eyes here and the way they sing♡♡ Thank you so much for the word "apropos"♫♫♫ I really wish I could enjoy their sings. COOPER'S HAWK is awesome bird! Thank you so much for hosting and sorry for my belated comment, Dearest friend.
ReplyDeleteSending Lots of Love and Hugs from Japan to my Dear friend, xoxo Miyako*
great selection os lovely shots but I particuary like the close up of the Hawk
ReplyDeleteWonderful photos!
ReplyDeleteHi Anni, I am fresh back from Florida and stopped by after making my first post. I may be very, very wrong, but the bird that you have shown as a Cooper's Hawk looks very much like a first year/juvie Red-Shouldered Hawk. I am just not totally certain, but thought I might mention it to see what you think. Love your bird shares. Hope that you are doing well my friend. I will catch up with you later when I post on here...if I don't forget to do it...huge sigh...I am showing my age~
ReplyDelete