TENNESSEE WARBLER
photo taken: Lakeview Park - Corpus Christi Texas
MALE NORTHERN CARDINAL
photo taken: My backyard - Corpus Christi Texas
LAUGHING SEAGULLS - Mating colors
[non-mating, beaks are lighter reddish-orange]
photo taken: Packery Channel - Mustang Island Corpus Christi Texas
CHECKERED PIGEON
photo taken: Lakeview Park - Corpus Christi Texas
MUSCOVY DUCK [rare in coastal Texas]
photo taken: Lakeview Park - Corpus Christi Texas
Habitat Range in the Americas:
DOUBLE CRESTED CORMORANT
[crests are seldom seen]
photo taken: Packery Channel - Mustang Island Corpus Christi Texas
RED-WINGED BLACKBIRD
photo taken: Charlie's Pasture Nature Preserve - Port Aransas Texas







All wonderful!!! The checkered pigeon I have not seen before! It is going to be so cool to see the birds of Texas, which is the birding capitol of the country to me!!!
ReplyDeleteThanks for the positive feedback Ginny. Much appreciated.
Deletemany great birds. I rarely see that many in a single day. Must be fun.
ReplyDeleteThanks...but, I must be honest here....the assorted images I share are NOT taken all in one day. They're saved over several months of birding trips.
DeleteLove your bird pictures, Anni. I always enjoy seeing birds from different areas of the country... That pigeon is gorgeous!!! Wonder why I don't ever see Tennessee Warbler here in Tennessee?????? Bet they are here --and I just don't see them. ha
ReplyDeleteHugs,
Betsy
Betsy, I have found that oftentimes warblers are the 'flightiest' birds around. They do not remain still for long.
DeleteThese are wonderful bird photos! You obviously are a talented photographer. Great music for the post today.
ReplyDeleteThanks Kate for your positive, endearing words. I'm glad you enjoyed your visit.
Deletegreat beauties, every one of them. :)
ReplyDeleteThank you kindly TexWisGirl!!!!
DeleteSuch gorgeous shots.
ReplyDeleteI so appreciate the words you share here. Thank you.
DeleteWhat wonderful captures! I never realized that the beaks change colors when it's mating season for the gulls. Thank you for that information!
ReplyDeleteIt boggles the mind what we ALL learn of nature when we pay attention. I didn't realize their beaks turn such a bright red before either...until I saw it with my own eyes, and then looked it up in Google. LOL
DeleteWhat beautiful shots! I love the new copyright info...and the treatment of the photos is really nice - I can see these framed!
ReplyDeleteThanks Linda...I'm glad you could make it here to view the birds today.
DeleteLovely captures!
ReplyDeleteThanks Pat....and, I absolutely LOVED your bird image share today.
DeleteSo many wonderful and different birds in this post! And all well captured. I like to see the Cardinal, he is not common here.
ReplyDeleteWonderful collection of birds and photos. Have a great weekend!
ReplyDelete