Got Leftovers? I'm sure the Americans are now 'stuffed' and preparing the leftovers for the freezer, or making turkey sandwiches by now. Hope you all had a great, peaceful holiday!!
WILD TURKEYS
photo taken: King's Ranch - Kingsville, Texas [In among the Texas Longhorn Cattle -at the annual Cowboy Breakfast-]
Native Americans enjoyed an abundance of turkeys for thousands of years before settlers arrived in the New World, although the natives generally avoided eating turkey (regarding it as "starvation food" - believing that turkey was fit to hunt only by children, women, and Europeans). The Indians valued turkeys more for their feathers and as spiritual symbols. If you'd like to view some of the photos I have shared in the past, on my personal blog, of the Annual King Ranch Cowboy Breakfast [where you get up a 5 a.m.] and head for the world renowned Texas Ranch to eat a breakfast of the cowboys and participate in roping, steering; ranch days of yore!!... then, follow these links PART I and PART II
..instead, some of you may have stuffed and roasted a chicken?!!!---
RHODE ISLAND RED [chicken breed]
photo taken: Lakeview Park
[I am not sure what it was doing there...perhaps straying from a nearby home to forage in the area?]
...but both of these feathered friends would like to hear your New Year's Resolution to go....VEGAN!!!!
I'm on a holiday break - hopefully, after we return to blogging, I can catch up with everyone. But the LINKING for the Bird D'Pot continues by a pre-scheduled post as I mentioned at the top of this blog.


leftover turkey and stuffing on the menu today. :)
ReplyDeleteNice pictures you viser.Kan really like the first with the turkeys.
ReplyDeleteHanne Bente
Having turkey today ourselves! I like the handsome Rhode Island Red!
ReplyDeleteWild turkeys do have beautiful feathers!
ReplyDeleteWild turkeys visited my in-laws yard the day after Thanksgiving. My MIL was nursing a bad back, so we had lasagna. Not a bad trade-off!
ReplyDelete