Bad "hair" day...



Note: Last week, if you missed it, Rebecca had shared a nifty backyard bird feeder. I asked for her permission to share the blog post link for y'all to check it out. It's simple to make, and beautiful in return. I do know, in the near future I'm gonna make one!! Thanks, Rebecca.
WREATH BIRDFEEDER LINK Rebecca also mentioned that this week she'd provide her recipe for home-made suet for the birds that need that in the diet. Well done. I have purchased two items for my future plans on making this wreath. There are so many ways, and so many items you could add.
I'm Lovin' it.





_ _ _


IMMATURE WHITE IBIS
photo taken: Lakeview Park - Corpus Christi, Texas
Habitat Range:


AMERICAN KESTREL
[once known as Sparrow Hawk]
photo taken: Nueces River Park - Along Interstate 37 outside of Corpus Christi, Texas
Habitat Range:


BROWN THASHER
photo taken: Hazel Bazemore Park - Calallen, Texas
Habitat Range:



GREEN JAY
photos taken: Hazel Bazemore Park - Calallen, Texas
Habitat Range:


RED BREASTED MERGANSER
photo taken: Oso Bay - Corpus Christi, Texas
Habitat Range:

I consider myself lucky...being at the right place at the right time to catch this opportunity to photograph it. I, years ago, saw one 'bathing' at one of our local ships' channels, but at the time I hadn't a very good camera. This time, I could zoom in a bit and be able to get a glimpse of its crest and its red beak and red eyes!! They're a bit of a rarity in my case 'cause the one other time I've seen it in our area was for a short few hours during the migration. With the head pin feathers, I say it needed a bit of gel. [kidding! Hence, the title "Bad Hair Day"]







18 comments:

  1. Nice pictures you show of some beautiful birds :) Hanne Bente

    ReplyDelete
  2. GREAT shot of the ibis!!! and i haven't seen a brown thrasher since leaving wisconsin so many long years ago. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You certainly had a good week. I have never seen or even heard of a Green Jay. I love that bird.

    I am happy you got a shot of the duck. The red eyes are amazing.

    As always I love all of them. I hope you have a happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The suet recipe is a keeper, I am sure the birdies would love it. Beautiful birds, Anni. I love your Ibis shot and I am envious of your beautiful green jays. I just have to see these birds in person someday. Thanks for hosting, have a happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. They are all great birds but the Green Jay (which I have not seen) does stands out in the crowd with those vivid feathers. What a beauty!

    Thanks for hosting TBD Anni.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful bird photos! I never knew there was such a thing as green jays.
    I stopped over at Rebecca's vine bird feeder. It's awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  7. As always, I love the presentation of your photos! My favourite today is the magical view of the immature white ibis! The colouring is enchanting!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful photos. I really enjoyed seeing them. And am thinking about a winter trip some time to Gulf Coast Texas. This year though it's southwest Florida... :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love that bright green jay! Nice finds, Anni.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That ibis is very cool and I didn't even know there was such thing as a green jay. Are they as annoying as most jays?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome photos. Love the color on the Green Jay. The red eyes on the duck are great too, glad you were able to capture him. Definitely don't see anything like that around here. I do see the Brown Thrashers every now and then in the summer.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey I'd never heard of the Green Jay Anni - what a cracking looking bird to see and photograph. Thanks for hosting again. Phil.

    ReplyDelete
  13. thanx for the invitation ♥ i just linked up :) your pics are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great colours on that green Jay. Boom & Gary of the Vermilon River, Canada.

    ReplyDelete
  15. ouch, the merganser really looks wild. :) Great shots all of them.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great shots and an appropriate title!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great bunch of birds Anni! I love that Green Jay and the Red-breasted Merganser drake is striking! Thanks for the link to the cool homemade bird feeder too. I have a recipe for suet also, HERE it is.

    ReplyDelete

Table of Contents