Lake Shore, Sea Shore, Bay Waters



GREEN WINGED TEAL
photo taken: Leonabelle Reserve - Port Aransas, Texas
Habitat Range:



WHITE IBIS
photo taken: Lakeview Park - Corpus Christi, Texas
Habitat Range:



CORMORANT[s]
photos taken: Lakeview Park - Corpus Christi, Texas
Habitat Range:

As y'all know, I'm kinda a newbie to bird photography, and I've noticed in some of my birding guide books, that some crested cormorants have the crest showing in the photo. Now, my question is to all you experts out there, the crest...is there a particular time or season that they show off this beautiful feature? I am to search and try and capture this when? Anybody know?



NORTHERN PINTAIL DUCK [front] MOTTLED DUCK [back]
photo taken: Lakeview Park, Corpus Christi, Texas
Habitat Range:




LESSER SCAUP
photo taken: Hans Suter Refuge - Corpus Christi, Texas
Habitat Range:









56 comments:

  1. Pretty water birds! I love the Teal's feathers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really have a thing for cormorants - so ungainly out of the water and so elegant when they swim. The white ibis is a beauty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...glad you enjoyed the post this week Jedediah

      Delete
  3. pintails are such graceful ducks! lovely teal, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the pintail colors and markings myself.

      Delete
  4. Nice serie of photos!
    We do have some of these in Norway too, I think.
    Have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...glad to know you enjoyed the photos this week Hans.

      Delete
  5. Wonderful Anni. I will be back in a little while as I have some birds to share, soon as I get them posted.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Greetings from New Braunfels! Hoping to make it down to Corpus during my extended visit for a little birding relief!! Great images!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...we're nearly neighbors...at least Texas wise.

      Delete
  7. Anni, I love the shy look of the Cormorant and the rest of the flock is lovely as well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Another great series. The Pintail is a very elegant species.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anni, great collection of birds! I had to look this up myself, the Double-Crested Cormorants gains a small double crest of black and white feathers during breeding season. Which should be soon I would think? Great post! Thanks for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...hmmm, thanks for the info. I'd really like to see this crest.

      Delete
  10. Beautiful shots. I just love ducks.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Another collection of great photos of lovely birds. Love the Teal's color and the way the eyes on the Scaup stand out. Always a pleasure dropping by and linking up with the D'Pot!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great collection of water fowl. Seeing web-footed creatures standing on a branch cracks me up for some reason.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...glad you enjoyed it Patti....I think it's amazing to see them balance so well with the webbed feet on limbs.

      Delete
  13. Wonderful photos! The colors on the Teal are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...Brian, thanks. Coming from you, and me knowing your photo expertise, I appreciate this comment.

      Delete
  14. Hello Anni.
    Thanks for your comment on my blog.
    I use Google Translate, is my translation is not always correct ...... (smiles)
    Wish you a good Sunday :) Hanne Bente

    ReplyDelete
  15. Teal are my favourite duck Anni. So small but fast in flight and fantastic to watch. Thanks for hosting again.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely photos, great close up of the cormorant.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Well, now, I had no clue you were 'Hootin' Annie'! I've visited your quilting blog a time or two in the past. Thanks for stopping by my blog. Not many birds up here right now, but I've been limited to the general area due to a back injury. Loggerheads, wrens, Great Egrets.....they keep me smiling!! Hopefully, a trip to Corpus is in the very near future!! ~karen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...well, I don't quilt, but I am kinda crafty. LOL

      Delete
  18. Nice series!! Boom & Gary of the Vermilon River, Canada.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Each is a masterpiece. I'm really new to identification, which means I'm often wrong. No help here. ;) I have an unidentified one this week.
    RubbishbyRoan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...your photo, I think, is a White Tailed Hawk. Not sure tho.

      Delete
  20. the green winged Teal is one of my faourite ducks. They are so lovely.

    Thank you for hosting.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Such nice photos, Anni! I am excited to see what the other contributions are. Have a great week and thanks for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...I do know that your photos are stunning!!! Thanks for the visit.

      Delete
  22. You certainly don't look like a "newbie" to bird photography! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. well, it's still a learning obsession. Thanks.

      Delete
  23. These are all very beautiful Anni. I just love water fowl! I can't wait till we get our pond work done and this drought goes away. The I am re-stocking with ducks, geese and I think a pair of swans!

    I found some things in my archives that surprised me. I found all sorts of pictures of birds I took at the beach, in Corpus, right after I got my camera.

    Oh I am going to try to get a post together for you to see! I hope you have a great day and a lovely week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jackie...I look forward to viewing your Corpus photos!!

      Delete
  24. This is a wonderful series Anni. The Green winged Tail and The Mottled are my favorites. I am late but I did get my very first bird photos ever up in a post! I have not a clue what any are except for the Pelicans!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The pelican in front of Pier 99 / the boardwalk is a hoot!!

      Delete
  25. Love the color and eyes of the Lesser Scaup--and the balancing act of the Cormorant! Great photos :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Great post Anni. I love that Green-winged Teal! The adult Double-crested Cormorants gain the crests beginning in January and they are lost by June before breeding is completed, according to Birds of North America Online.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great info...you're always there with assistance, I appreciate this.

      Delete
  27. ...your comment is much appreciated Nora.

    ReplyDelete

Table of Contents