Wild and Caged...




SPOTTED SANDPIPER
photos taken: Lakeview Park - Corpus Christi, Texas
Habitat Range:






YELLOW-RUMPED WARBLER [aka Audubon's Warbler]
photos taken: Hans Suter Reserve - Oso Bay, Corpus Christi, Texas
Habitat Range:

Note: I had a most difficult time ID'ing this species of bird. For one thing, there wasn't much to go on with my particular photos. So, I ended up going online to ask for help in naming the bird. I am truly thankful for the assistance in identifying the Yellow Rumped Warbler. After which, I tried finding it in my North American Bird Book I have here at home...still nothing under that name. Went back online with some determination to compare my photos with others...In the Texas bird site, I found that the Yellow Rumped Warbler has an alias....the Audubon Warbler!!] Going back to my not so handy dandy bird guide...I found it. Listed under Audubon Warbler!! Determination paid off.






_ _ _

The following two birds were not in the 'wild'...they are caged birds located at the Texas State Aquarium in Corpus Christi. The first:



WHITE TAILED HAWK 'Gus'


...the second:

EURASIAN EAGLE OWL 'Brutus'




13 comments:

  1. would love to see a white-tailed hawk. thanks for including those, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pictures - I really like the image of the owl. Hanne Bente

    ReplyDelete
  3. First time I've seen a White-tailed hawk. Great shots as always, Anni.
    Thanks for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. HI Anni, Happy Weekend! Love your birds this week, the Yellow Rump is a cutie. The hawk and eagle owl are cool birds. Great post.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aren't those Eurasion Eagle Owls huge? We saw one in a refuge, too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are great Anni. I really love the Warblers. I can't wait until migration season gets here. We live out at the lake so we have a ton of species who migrate through this region.

    I was going to show my hawk find this week too. But I decided to go with some other photos this go around and save the hawk for next week. I am trying to catch another picture of him.

    I am late again this week. But, Walter was home and we were busy. We had a good time though and I hope you are having a good weekend.

    Thanks for everything....I am really getting hooked on this. I am off to do some blog hopping now.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great pictures. I love the names you gave to the Hawk and the Owl, Brutus fits the eagle eyed owl quite well. I have always thought that the owls had a sort of mean "don't mess with me" kind of look to them, Hawks too for that matter.
    I have missed participating in Bird D'Pot, glad to be back!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I´m very pleased you like my birds. I try to share different ones every week.
    From yours I love the owl shot. :)
    Thanks for hsoting.

    ReplyDelete
  9. A great serie of photos.
    Wonderful to see!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sorry. Stuck this in the wrong place before.
    Gorgeous birds!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for sharing those images. It's nice to get up close to the Spotted. They are usually seen in Tucson with the Least Sandpipers.....and from afar....difficult to ID:) without a scope!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great post Anni! We are getting the Yellow-rumps and the Spotted Sandpipers here also. I guess I'll have to get down there to southern Texas to see the White-tailed Hawk. What a gorgeous bird!

    ReplyDelete

Table of Contents