Hollowed out by time.
Thy beetle come.
Thy will be pecked from pine,
As it is from oak or birch.
Give me this day my daily protein.
And forgive me my encroachment,
As I avoid them that encroach against me.
And lead me to the next thicket,
and deliver me another meal.
For thine is the insect world,
The feast, and the energy I need,
For ever and ever.
~Amen
I couldn't resist doing a little parody of the Lord's Prayer for the woodpecker photo!! To me, when I uploaded this to the computer, I saw him as if he was in prayer with his head bowed, saying grace at his 'table' and for the food which he was about to receive...just reciting a comical travesty of sacred words; couldn't help myself...

GOLDEN-FRONTED WOODPECKER
photo taken: Lakeview Park - Corpus Christi, Texas
Habitat Range:
YELLOW-RUMPED WARBLER [aka Audubon's Warbler]
photos taken: Hans Suter Reserve - Oso Bay, Corpus Christi, Texas
Habitat Range:

BLACK CROWNED NIGHT HERON
photo taken: Hans Suter Nature Preserve - Corpus Christi, Texas
Habitat Range:
RED WINGED BLACKBIRD
photo taken: Oso Bay - Corpus Christi, Texas
Habitat Range:







That woodpecker is a nice bird! s much as I like the little butter-butt, I'll be glad when they decide to make way for the rest of the warbler clan, any day now.
ReplyDeletea very interesting woodpecker. looks like it comes close to my area.
ReplyDeleteWhat a stunning woodpecker...
ReplyDeleteNice pictures you show Anni, really like the first woodpecker.
ReplyDeleteHad trouble linking your blog today (address to my post)
Hanne Bente
Nice post with a lot of beautiful photos!
ReplyDeleteI'm not abel to link up tonight. I do not know why.
I will try later...
So love the pose of the first little woodpecker! As always, a glorious series of photos!
ReplyDeleteAlso, not sure what is happening, but the link to my blog post does not work! The Linky only offers me a series of links to choose from, (that's unusual!) but none are the one I want. This has not happened before!
This is the correct link http://furandwings.blogspot.com.au/2013/03/pukeko.html
I'll try again later!
Don't worry! It's working now!
ReplyDeleteMy comment does not show here.
ReplyDeleteI do have a problem trying to link up tonight...
I do not know why!
Do you have a copyright protection on your blog?
ReplyDeleteThat coul be the problem. Now I had to write in my URL-adress...
after you click the box you can use "CTRL V" to paste your URL.
ReplyDeletethat means press the button CTRL and at the same time the letter V
DeleteThese are WONDERFUL Annie!!!!! I have never seen any of them in real life except the red winged. The prayer is awesome, did you write it???
ReplyDeleteGreat bird shots, Anni!
ReplyDeleteDeine Vögel sind immer so wunderschön liebe Anni.
ReplyDeleteWir warten auf Frühling, aber der kommt nicht, es soll noch einmal Winter werden.
LG Mathilda ♥
The little woodpecker does look like he's praying. We don't see that kind of woodpecker around here.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful shots! I love that woodpecker. I've never seen that species. The heron is great, too!
ReplyDeleteWhat a pretty woodpecker. I liked it's prayer. :)
ReplyDeleteGreat close up of the woodpecker. Boom & Gary of the Vermilon River, Canada.
ReplyDeleteYou see Anni I have this thing about Red-winged Blackbirds, they are really beautiful even though your woodpeckers are too. Thanks for hosting once again. Regards Phil
ReplyDeleteThank you for fixing my link!
ReplyDeleteThat is a different woodpecker to me. The red wings are a great sign of spring and are back in our area.
ReplyDeleteThese are great shots! I don't think I've heard of that type of woodpecker either. Very pretty.
ReplyDeleteThat first one does indeed look like "say your prayers"!
ReplyDeleteI enjoyed yout take of the woodpecker. :)
ReplyDeleteSo pretty. And Warblers are so difficult to catch on film as thy are so fast. Love all the work you share.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful photographs, beautiful birds. I am greeting
ReplyDeleteCool woodie, Anni! I would love to add this woodie to my life list.
ReplyDelete