Not much text today, busy with early morning birding for Spring Migration, then, lots o' yard work to do when home...so I'll just leave you with photos of some areas of 'wetlands' and what I've spotted...

RUDDY DUCK
photo taken: Leonabelle Reserve - Port Aransas, Texas
habitat map: Duck

LITTLE BLUE HERON
photo taken: Hans Suter Wildlife Park - Corpus Christi, Texas
habitat map: Heron

BLACK NECKED STILT
photo taken: Charlie's Pasture Nature Trail - Port Aransas, Texas
habitat map: Stilt

EARED GREBE
photo taken: Pond - Flour Bluff, Texas
habitat map: Grebe

AMERICAN WIGEON
photo taken: Oso Bay - Corpus Christi, Texas
habitat map: Wigeon

PIED BILLED GREBE
photo taken: Leonabelle Refuge - Port Aransas, Texas
habitat map: Grebe

ROSEATE SPOONBILL
photo taken: Oso Bay Wetlands - Corpus Christi, Texas
habitat map: Spoonbill

COMMON GALLINULE [moorhen]
photo taken: Leonabelle Refuge - Port Aransas, Texas
habitat map: Gallinule
Now, share your birding experiences:

or use text linking only copy text in lavender text area below and paste into your blog post:
Love them all today, Anni-- the brilliance of the Ruddy, the neat pose of the Widgeon, the swirly plumage of the grebe, the statuesque Stilt, the pink of the spoonbill...
ReplyDeleteAwesome shots!
ReplyDeleteThe Wigeon's markings are lovely! And you got the spoonbill mid-dip! But I think my favorite is the Stilt. Although his neck is not all black. I do like that big white eye spot. Fun pictures today, of birds I have not seen.
ReplyDeleteIf I had to pick a favorite...oh how I love the Roseate Spoonbill! They are so unusual and so beautiful! Love your close ups. I just got home from photographing some Ruddy Ducks at the library pond. I didn't get a good close up like you though. But I'll probably share them next week anyway! heehee! Hugs!
ReplyDeleteWonderful birds and images, Anni! The Stilt is one of my favorites along with the cute Ruddy duck!
ReplyDeleteThank you for linking up and sharing your post and big thanks for hosting your bird meme. Happy Saturday, enjoy your weekend!
Wonderful!
ReplyDeleteMy favorites from this series: The Ruddy Duck and the Wigeon
beautiful birds all of them. Love the grebes and ducks and...... well, all. :)
ReplyDeleteThanks for hosting and be well birding and gardening. :)
Love both of your Grebes that you shared along with the Wigeon, as my favorites, though I enjoyed all of them. there is just something so sweet about those faces of the Grebes that melts me every time that I see them. Sounds like you got busy too. I am still trying to catch up from the past few weeks...getting there soon I hope ;) Happy week, Happy birding. Thank you~
ReplyDeleteThese are great wetland bird photos! Fun to see.
ReplyDeleteHi!! You always make fantastic pictures! How nice to watch all these wetland birds !!
ReplyDeleteHappy Sunday !!
Hi Anni. Great stuff today. The stiff tail and the spoonbill - I can just hear them bubbling away. And there is so much detail in the American Wigeon and the Pied-billed Grebe.
ReplyDeleteHave a happy week and good birding.
great close-ups with beautiful details. i always enjoy seeing spoonbills as i don't see them here. i did see a lot of ruddy ducks this past winter!!!
ReplyDeleteGreat shots. Especially love the Little Blue Heron! Hope you have a great week!
ReplyDeleteFabulous photos Anni! I love how close you get.
ReplyDeleteAnni, great variety, especially the Ruddy Duck. Thanks for sharing.
ReplyDeleteGreat collection of birds! Wonderful photos. Thank you for sharing.
ReplyDelete