At the Parks...


Since I can't get to a couple of my favorite birding hotspots on the islands with no access because of the extensive damage around Port Aransas, I've been birding at different parks close to home.  [one photo I found on my computer taken in May, before the hurricane of course - I thought I'd add it to this week's post]   I spotted these:




BROWN PELICAN
photo taken:  Padre Island National Seashore [federal park]
habitat map:  Pelican


WHITE TAILED HAWK
photo taken:  Park Road Highway #22
habitat map:  Hawk


BLACKBURNIAN WARBLER
photo taken:  Port Aransas Birding Center [in May]
habitat map:  Warbler


LONG BILLED CURLEWS
photo taken:  West Guth Park
habitat map:  Curlew


GOLDEN FRONTED WOODPECKER
photo taken:  Blucher Park
habitat map:  Woodpecker


OSPREY
photo taken:  Hans Suter Refuge
habitat map:  Osprey


INCA DOVES
photos taken:  Hilltop Community Park
habitat map:  Doves



For use of graphic link in your post, copy text in lavender text area below and paste into your blog post:



or use text linking only copy text in lavender text area below and paste into your blog post:




Now, share your birding experiences:




20 comments:

  1. Beautiful images! Your photos of the White-tailed Hawk and the curlew make me envious. Having been touched by Hurricane Irma I often think of your gulf coast, especially Port Aransas where Harvey's eye crossed directly over. I wonder how the Aransas Pass Lighthouse and the old outbuildings fared-- I could find nothing about their fate on the Internet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Anni, wonderful birds and sightings. The Pelicans are always a favorite of mine. The Blackburnian Warbler is a beauty. I would love to see the Curlew and the White Tail Hawk. Great photos. Thanks for hosting and for linking up to my party. Have a happy day and weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. strange, I thought I had seen most of the birds on blogs by now but I can´t recall seeing the GOLDEN FRONTED WOODPECKER. It looks very nice. Great shot. :)

    I´ll be gone for wo weeks :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great bird photos!
    The Osprey is my favorite today
    Have a wonderful week-end!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Delightful birds! I love the bright warbler!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, the hawk is beautiful! I have never seen one with such a white breast! I've never seen a golden fronted woodpecker, he is very impressive! And those beaks on the curlews, amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for your help in identifying my mystery bird as a Tanager.
    I think today I will choose the Woodpecker as my favorite.
    Have a beautiful day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the Curlews and that woodpecker is so colorful...I've never seen one of those. The first thing I saw when I woke up this morning was a Pileated on the top of a tree behind my house. Hope things improve in your area...I know it's slow. Enjoy your day! Hugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful photos, Anni! My favourite is the brown pelican, which I had not seen before!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow - for not being able to access some of your birding hotspots, you sure did find a magnificent range of birds - some of which I've never seen before. Great post. Hope things are back to normal soon for your birding.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anni, what a wonderful variety of birds. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. All the photos are wonderful...great sightings in spite of your limited birding spaces! I especially loved seeing the warbler and that golden fronted woodpecker (which is new to me!) Sorry I am late linking in....I'm having terrible jetlag from my trip! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous images in this post Anni an I love your header as well. Have a great week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great pictures! Sometimes, I try to guess the birds before I scroll down for the names... Today I did that and STRUCK OUT too many times, I gave up by the time I got to the Osprey, which I would have gotten right! Ha! You 'have' some very exquisite birds around you! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Annie - Beth from Garden Grumbles - I do follow your blog with interest, just do not comment (and I should). You have an amazing number of birds available to you in Texas - what a paradise!

    ReplyDelete
  16. All lovely entries Dear Anni, but the Blackburnian Warbler is new to me and what a beautiful little one it is.
    I just cannot imagine the devastation that surrounds the area that you are so accustomed to. The Island of Puerto Rico, the sadness, the loss, everywhere the hurricanes struck, the fires and the earthquakes...I just feel so blessed and pray that this will stop these horrific disasters for a while. Hoping that you are doing well. Love that you saw those Mississippi Kites, and I am thinking that I left a message when you first posted about it, but still so excited that you got to see them...so fun. Take care~

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hello Anni. Wonderful serie of birds. I like those Long billed curlews.

    ReplyDelete
  18. As usual, Anni, your birds are spectacular!! Being a lover of the "hunters", I'm not sure whether it's the Osprey or that White Tailed Hawk as my personal favorite!11...:)JP

    ReplyDelete

Table of Contents