I have so many bird photos on my computer that I haven't shared yet, so I'm gonna go back in time to April...this year the migrants were very few. I don't know if the damage from the hurricane back in August prior to the migrating season had anything to do with the lack of big numbers or not. I tend to think so since so much of their habitat was destroyed...they knew!!!
Anyway, here are some of the migrants I spotted close by in town parks....

EASTERN BLUEBIRD
habitat map: Bluebird


BLACK THROATED GREEN WARBLER
habitat map: Warbler

HOODED WARBLER
habitat map: Warbler

RUBY THROATED HUMMINGBIRD
habitat map: Hummingbird

SCARLET TANAGER
habitat map: Tanager

WORM EATING WARBLER
habitat map: Warbler

or use text linking only copy text in lavender text area below and paste into your blog post:
Very nice shots of the spring arrivals. One which we miss seeing all year in south Florida is the Eastern Bluebird. In my local patch the Worm-eating and Hooded Warblers are scarce during migrations. Thank you for hosting us and hope that the habitat is in good shape so they can seek food and shelter near you this autumn.
ReplyDeleteHello, wonderful collection of warblers. The Hooded and Worm-eating Warblers are breeders in the woods near my home. I hear them often on our walks. I love the bluebirds too. Pretty photos. Thanks for hosting. Have a happy weekend!
ReplyDeleteThe Hooded Warbler is gorgeous! I wonder if we have those here. We have a lot of Warblers but I've never seen this one. Beautiful photos! Enjoy your weekend!
ReplyDeleteLovely visitors. I'm jealous. Don't get to see any of those in Tampa but the robin.
ReplyDeleteAll such pretty birds and wonderful photos! My favorites are the hummingbird (sitting still!) and the scarlet tanager. Hope you're having a great weekend!
ReplyDeleteWonderful sightings and shots...particularly love the hooded warbler and scarlet tanager/
ReplyDeleteIt's lovely to look back on photos. I've got so many as well. It is 3 weeks since I had knee replacement surgery so I haven't been out and about with my camera, so not joining in you weekly adventures. Hopefully I'll be back to it soon.
ReplyDeleteThat's an interesting theory about your migrant birds going elsewhere. I am sure you are right Anni. We witnessed a similar thing here last "summer" and autumn when migration along our west coast was very thin. This was at the same time as birders in the middle of the country reported normal or even increased migration. Birds are far from stupid an do react to natural phenomenons. Enjoyed your pics today and thanks for the link-up.
ReplyDeleteAnni, birders such as yourself, can, through observation, tell so much about the birds' activity. It's like me with the Eagles. Listening, then matching tones with specific behaviors and activities, I sometimes amaze myself!!...:)JP
ReplyDeleteHello Anni,
ReplyDeleteWonderful collection of different birds.
My favorite are photos 1 and 8.
Best regards, Irma
Hi Annie- hope you are having a great summer. Love the pic, especially the Warblers, of which I never see, so thanks for sharing.
ReplyDeleteI have never seen a tanager...just beautiful as is the worm eater.
ReplyDelete