Just for the lack of a clever title for this post, I couldn't come up with anything. I opted for this "Gone Birdin" like the signs in store windows or the gone fishin' signs that are more common. I'm really not gone...sticking close to home these days.


WHITE IBIS
photos taken: Paradise Pond
habitat map: Ibis



LITTLE BLUE HERON [immature]
Photos taken: Port A Community Park
habitat map: Heron



YELLOW CROWNED NIGHT HERON
photos taken: The Willows
habitat map: Heron


SNOWY EGRET
photos taken: Paradise Pond
habitat map: Egret

or use text linking only copy text in lavender text area below and paste into your blog post:
Now share your birding experiences:
Love that sassy and creative header, and your herons are wonderful! Nice eye on that night-heron!
ReplyDeleteIt will be good to get back to the gulf coast where I might see birds like you show here, even if I hadn’t gone anywhere special ! The usual birds here aren’t as spectacular! (But having family close kind of makes up for it ))))
ReplyDeleteI love seeing pics of the herons. I try to photograph them when we are at the lake but don't seem to get good shots. Yours are great.
ReplyDeleteI like your title! I have seen many Great Blue Herons, but never a little one. I see how, unlike the Great, the end of his beak is black. Lovely Egret, too. I once looked up the difference between a Heron and an Egret. It was very confusing!
ReplyDeleteLol! Love your title and love your photographs too.
ReplyDeleteAll the best Jan
Hello Anni,
ReplyDeleteWonderful series of different herons.
Only the great egret also occurs in the Netherlands, the other species we do not see with us.
Best regards, Irma
Great pictures today Anni. The Night Heron has such wonderful camouflaged plumage that it's not difficult to imagine how it survives its time in or just out of the nest and against predators. And the Little Blue is well, so blue, that its amazing. Thanks for the links today and a Happy Week ahead.
ReplyDeleteHello, Anni, great collection of birds. My favorite is the Little Blue Heron. Birding is my favorite thing to do. Thanks for hosting. Have a happy day!
ReplyDeletelove the herons great photos that white ibis looks like he/she is watching to see what your doing. I love your new background!!!
ReplyDeleteAnni, great title. Superb Little Blue Heron capture. Thanks for sharing.
ReplyDeleteI get title-migraines. It is a horrible stress to endure.
ReplyDeleteso beautiful, we have all of these birds here to, the ibis and egrets walk around in our yards
ReplyDeleteare white Ibis looking for foods?
ReplyDeleteHave a great day
Wow - amazing shots.
ReplyDelete