Most all areas I frequent are still under reconstruction, or, here-of-late still flooding from the very wet September we've had. I still go in search of any birds, but oftentimes see very few....


EURASIAN COLLARED DOVE
photos taken: Paradise Pond
habitat map: Dove


LADDER-BACKED WOODPECKER
photos taken: Paradise Pond
habitat map: Woodpecker


GREATER YELLOWLEGS
photos taken: Leonabelle's [outside refuge in flooded field]
habitat map: Yellowlegs


KILDEER
photos taken: Leonabelle's [outside refuge in flooded field]
habitat map: Killdeer

or use text linking only copy text in lavender text area below and paste into your blog post:
Very interesting photos this week. Your collard-doves are very handsome. Many of ours in south Florida seem to have darker plumage. The woodpecker must be after some prey item under the light fixture. Nice shots of the yellowlegs and Killdeer! We too have had very wet conditions, largely due to a huge amount of rain in late spring. It caused a huge backlog of water in Lake Okeechobee which had to be drained off to leave capacity in the event of hurricanes. It was pumped out to sea and also south into the Everglades, backing into our canals and lakes. Not good for birds such as herons, storks and sandpipers which prefer mud flats and shallow water.
ReplyDeleteThe only bird on this post that I have actually seen is the Killdeer. I did not know there IS a Collared Dove, but I see his collar. The Yellowlegs looks so impressive!
ReplyDeleteGreat to see the Woodpeckers, but my favourites are the Greater Yellowlegs. Lovely pictures as ever.
ReplyDeleteThe birds love the wet seasons but it's hard to get out when you have a day to explore! It was dry in NC for Sept but that was good for our work. Happy to be online! Enjoy your weekend! Hugs!
ReplyDeleteWonderful series of photos of the different bird species.
ReplyDeleteThey are all perfectly photographed.
The Woodpecker and the Collared Dove are really great.
Best regards, Irma
Hello Anni, love the sweet doves. The Yellowlegs and Killdeer are pretty birds. Your photos are wonderful. Thanks for hosting. Enjoy your day and have a great new week!
ReplyDeleteHello Anni. You're having some bad luck with the weather but as ever you show us some great birds. A Ladder-backed Woodpecker must be a good sighting and of course I always like to see those "legs" just in case I have to separate the two over here. This is when those two might find their way across the Atlantic.
ReplyDeleteAnni, superb Eurasian Collared Dove capture. Thanks for sharing.
ReplyDeleteI always enjoy your photos so much! We're getting a good bit of much-needed rain here so I'm hoping for a variety of birds next week when the sun reappears. Hope you're having a great weekend!
ReplyDeleteNice shot of that dove.
ReplyDeleteI laughed out loud at the upside down ladder back. adorable. and Pelicans are my favorite but Doves are a close second. I love doves, especially these, there cooing is so peaceful and calming. I have heard them all my life. my grandmothers front porch when I was a child, we always sat in the swing and listened to them coo
ReplyDelete