This will be a 'busy', heavy-with-photos blog today, so I'll just state that all these birds were viewed on one morning the first week of August at Port Aransas...Leonabelle Refuge, Paradise Pond, and the beach along the Gulf of Mexico. When I arrived just as the sun was rising, Leonabelle was most busy with great blue herons, cormorants, stilts, spoonbills [and a few ducks]. On my second stop for the day, Paradise Pond, the drying up pool was LOADED with white ibis and egrets! Literally dozens; each species! And the beach was occupied by terns, seagulls and sandpipers.


TRI-COLORED HERON
photos taken: Leonabelle Refuge
habitat map: Heron



GREAT BLUE HERON
photos taken: Leonabelle Refuge
habitat map: Heron


WESTERN SANDPIPER
photos taken: Magee Beach
habitat map: Sandpiper

RING BILLED SEAGULL
photo taken: Magee Beach
habitat map: Seagull

LESSER YELLOWLEGS
photo taken: Paradise Pond
habitat map: Yellowlegs

SNOWY EGRET
photo taken: Paradise Pond
habitat map: Egret

WHITE IBIS [immature]
photo taken: Paradise Pond
habitat map: Ibis

SNOWY EGRET
photo taken: Paradise Pond
habitat map: Egret
and paste into your blog post:

Thanks my dear for your own beautiful photos *and* for letting me post my few . I only wish I could do a post that was so photo-heavy...I could never get enough of yours.
ReplyDeleteI love the pretty blue of the tri color and the immature Ibis is eye catching too! You take some amazing photos. I'm stuck inside today because of rain! Wonder if a duck will fly by...he would probably LAND here! lol Happy weekend!
ReplyDeleteMy favourite image is the imm. White Ibis Anni. HAve a wonderful wek ahead.
ReplyDeleteYou hit the jackpot! The only bird here that I have ever seen is the Blue Heron. Your Ibis picture is gorgeous! Yellowlegs is my next favorite. The little Sandpiper is very cute!
ReplyDeleteWOW, I wish I had been there. :) The images of the Tri-colored heron are wonderful :)
ReplyDeleteGreat photos. A lot going on here in the next few weeks will catch up when I have more time. In haste, Diane
ReplyDeleteWow, fantastic number of sightings, the blue heron is amazing
ReplyDeleteHello Anni,
ReplyDeleteNice series of photos of these different birds
All photos are great, but photos 1,5 and 10 are my favorites.
Do you want to place my link, I still don't succeed.
Best regards, Irma
wild clapping on the Heron shots. wow!
ReplyDeleteHello Anni, they are all beautiful birds. I love the Tricolored Heron and the cute Western Sandpiper. The closeup if the White Ibis is awesome. Great photos. Thanks for hosting. Have a happy day and a great new week ahead.
ReplyDeleteI love to watch the sandpipers
ReplyDeleteI will take photo heavy like this any time of the week and six times on Sunday! Loved ALL of these. I could not pick a favorite if I had to.
ReplyDeleteWow - gorgeous shots!
ReplyDeleteAnni, shore birds are so beautiful and you have done a great job with them!!...:)jp
ReplyDelete