In the midst of the holiday season, and days of unending rainfall the previous week, I still found some time out to travel to check out the birds in my vicinity:

WHITE FACED IBIS [white faced has red eyes while the Glossy Ibis has dark eyes]
photo taken: Port Aransas
length 22-26 inches
wingspan 38 inches

SPOTTED SANDPIPER [tail constantly bobbing -non breeding plumage]
photo taken: Pollywog Ponds
habitat map: Sandpiper
length 7.5 inches
wingspan 14 inches

BLACK CRESTED TITMOUSE
photo taken: Bazemore Park
habitat map: Titmouse
length 6.5 inches
wingspan 9.75 inches

WHITE WINGED DOVES
photo taken: Calallen, Texas Country Club Golf Course
habitat map: Dove
length 11-12 inches
wingspan 17-18 inches

RED BREASTED MERGANSER [female] An interesting fact, according to sdakotabirds.com - - They are among the fastest of all flying waterfowl, reaching speeds of up to 100 mph.
photo taken: Indian Point Parkhabitat map: Merganser
length 15-25 inches
wingspan 30-36 inches

RED TAILED HAWK [immature? or leucistic? I'd say immature]
photo taken: Chapman Ranch
habitat map: Hawk
length 19-25 inches
wingspan 46-58 inches
May your new year, 2020, be a very happy one...and filled with beautiful birds!!!!
Participating this week are:
Christina
Mary
Eileen
Debbie
Cranium Bolts
Linda
Lea
Lavender Dreams
David
Birds Seen in Europe and Africa
Rosyfinch Ramblings
Anni

I liked the iridescence of the Ibis and it seems the doves are not on speaking terms. That is interesting about the speedy merganser!
ReplyDeleteAs always a great set of photos, love the little Titmouse and of course the Hawk. I always love the birds of prey. Infuriating for me as I seldom get to take photos of them. All the very best for 2020. Diane
ReplyDeleteThe detail on the feathers of the ibis is nothing short of amazing!
ReplyDeleteThe White Faced ibis is my favorite. He glitters like a peridot!!
ReplyDeleteI'll have to remember that about the Ibis! We are seeing so many Glossy Ibis and mixed flocks. It's fun to see what's out there at this time of year. Love those Doves too! It's been a good week! Hugs!
ReplyDeleteI so love seeing all of these...you get so many great photos.
ReplyDeleteI am impressed that a merganser can fly so fast!
ReplyDeleteNice to see these beauties.
ReplyDeletethat Ibis is stunning, I have never seen those colors on one. for some reason when I got to the two doves photo, my eyes filled with tears, tears of joy. no idea why, but they are so precious sitting there together. yesterday was the first time in months I heard two doves cooing. the hawk wiped them all out, but two are back. Pelicans are my favorite, Doves a close second.. they are so sweet and sound so pretty...
ReplyDeleteall of these close-ups are so beautiful. the rainbow of colors in the ibis are stunning!!
ReplyDeletei love the mergansers, i see them here and they are so fun to watch and photograph!!
Hello, Great collection of birds Anni. I love the Ibis, but they are all great photos. Happy Birding in 2020. Thanks for hosting. I wish you and your family all the best in 2020, Happy New Year! Have a happy day and new week ahead!
ReplyDeleteWe will be studying Birds when we begin Homeschooling in Jan and I can't wait to share your website with my son to learn about the Bird you shared with us.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful photos !
ReplyDeleteHappy New Year !
Beautiful shots! Happy 2020!
ReplyDeleteHello Anni,
ReplyDeleteI also wish you a happy and above all a healthy 2020.
Nice series of photos.
Best regards, Irma
Great captures! Have a wonderful weekend!
ReplyDelete