More Migrants Coming to Us...


It's been a good week for birding. Those heading north are stopping by on the islands and in the city parks. I have quite a few 'new' birds for the migrating season photographed, and will share sparingly for now. More to come in weeks ahead....

I begin with photos of my favorite Oriole of all the orioles seen in Texas:


ORCHARD ORIOLE
photos taken: Packery Channel Park
habitat map: Oriole
Length:  7 inches
Wingspan:  10 inches


BALTIMORE ORIOLE [female, yellow]
photos taken: Packery Channel
habitat map: Oriole
Length:  7-8 inches
Wingspan:  11-12 inches



ORCHARD AND BALTIMORE orioles
photo taken: Audubon Sanctuary


BLACK THROATED GREEN WARBLER
photo taken: Packery Channel Park
habitat map: Warbler
Length:  5 inches
Wingspan:  8 inches


ROSE BREASTED GROSBEAK [female]
photo taken: Sand Dollar Drive
habitat map: Grosbeak
Length:  8 inches
Wingspan:  12.5 inches

**********

Two. One Rarity in Texas and the other unidentified...Any help would be appreciated on the ID. First, the rare. A beauty...the male of the species:


CAPE MAY WARBLER [my record keeping shows I've seen this once before...April 14, 2015]
photos taken: Sand Dollar Road
habitat map: Warbler
Length:  4.75 inches
Wingspan:  7 inches

Then, this cute little thing...I just can't seem to put a name to this.  Actually, when I typed this up to pre-schedule the post to publish on Saturday, I was hurried to get things done to be able to cook a dinner for us.  And I started birding later in the day so, I was later getting things off the camera card and uploaded to the blog.  Eventually, I hope to give it a name.  Maybe y'all can ID it?  If so, thanks in advance....

photo taken: Sand Dollar Road
North Padre Island [Texas]
THANKS TO KEN...THE BIRD IS BELL'S VIREO


Always use HYPERLINK when linking


For use of graphic link in your post, copy text in gray text area below and paste into your blog post:
or use text linking only copy text in gray text area below and paste into your blog post:


Those participating this week:

Christina, Sweden
Betty Crow
Travels With Birds [no hyperlink]
Eileen
The Early Birder
Linda, Virginia, USA
Denise/VA
Jean@SoNotOrganized
NatureFootstep PhotoArt
Birds Seen in  Europe and Africa
Linda aka Crafty Gardener
Lavender Dreams
Phil UK
tomthebackroadstraveler
Rosyfinch Ramblings
Etta
Lea's Menagerie
Sallie



20 comments:

  1. It’s hard to get out and bird these days, so Just one tiny little hummingbird, that’s all I’ve got. But I wanted to link up anyway. Thanks for your hosting and reminding me of what real birding is like!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great little birds that make our universe so big and fine!
    Thanks for sharing and hosting!
    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a Bell's Vireo. Nice orioles! The Orchard Oriole has been my nemesis. I have seen and photographed it several times, but never have felt it captured it at its best.Beautiful kitty, but I hope she doesn't see that Prothonotary Warbler just sitting there! Stay safe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ...didn't these migrants know about the wall? Nice colorful collection, thanks for hosting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I see that Ken has IDed the bird! What a cutie! I remember when I thought I had seen a Prothonotary warbler...I sure was excited! lol Love your new banner with the cat! Beautiful sightings this week! Spring is the best time of year for bird watching! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We are hoping our orioles return soon, along with the hummers and grosbeaks. You have some cuties that have returned.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely set of photos. Sorry not sure how I missed last week with my South African birds but here is this weeks. Thanks for hosting. Diane

    ReplyDelete
  8. Baltimore orioles are one of my favorites and I saw one this week as well! You have a great variety of birds this week. Hope you are having a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I to love the Orioles. Seems like all of them are stunning birds. The ORCHARD ORIOLE is unfamiliar to me, but what a great coloring :)
    The last little one, such a cutie. :)

    Have a great week, take care and stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The Cape May is gorgeous! They are all very pretty, but he is by far the prettiest. If you can't identify this bird, then NO ONE can!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful! I always love the birds you share. Thanks Anni! Sorry to link up twice 🥴.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful brightly-colored birds! Great photos!
    We have seen a couple of male Rose-breasted Grosbeaks here, but the females are much harder to spot. Keeps them safer on the nest, of course.
    Have a blessed day!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello, Anni,

    I love your Oriole photos, the Orchard Orioles is my favorite too. The warblers are so cute, the Cape May is lovely. I have a hard time id-ing the female warblers, spring and fall they all look similar. I am just happy to see them. Thank you for hosting. Happy Sunday, have a great new week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great series of shots here. Baltimore Orioles have been sighted here and Orchard Orioles should not be far behind. Ah, the joy of spring!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm pretty sure I saw an orchard oriole in a tree behind our house yesterday, but he flew before I could raise my camera. I've been trying for a couple of years now to get a shot, but haven't been lucky. Very nice selection of birds, as always.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ken was on the ball there Anni. Those vireos can be quite confusing, especially the reginal variations. I'm with you about orioles, a lovely family of birds. Unfortunately we just get the one here in Europe but still rare in Britain - the Golden Oriole,a very special looker. I would really love to see the Orchard Oriole. And what a great name too.

    Enjoy your book. It's worth the wait. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such a lovely group of birds. I have only ever seen the Baltimore Oriole, and only see one pass through here occasionally. That little one Bell's Vireo is so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  18. sweet little birds and oh so Cheery... love the black one with the red flower, my favoirte colors. but yellow is the color of joy and you have both

    ReplyDelete
  19. You start as Sandra, and you call me Etta ... I'm Ella and I'm Dutch! LOL

    ReplyDelete

Table of Contents