young...


Most days this past week have been short walks if any. So, not much to say, really. I'll just post my photos of the 'young at heart' and call it a day.  The first, the caracara is quite blurred, I didn't get a chance to focus on it before it took off from its perch and I lost track of it so didn't get a flight photo.  For the quality, I apologize.




IMMATURE CRESTED CRACARA
photo taken: Bazemore Park
habitat map: Caracara
Length:  22-24 inches
Wingspan:  50 inches



IMMATURE GREAT KISKADEE
photos taken: Bazemore Park
habitat map: Kiskadee
Length:  9.5 inches
Wingspan:  15 inches


IMMATURE LITTLE BLUE HERON
photos taken: Oso Bay Wetlands
habitat map: Heron
Length:  26 inches
Wingspan:  40 inches


IMMATURE KILLDEER [and parent]
photos taken: Leonabelle Refuge
habitat map: Killdeer
Length:  9-10 inches
Wingspan:  19-21 inches


IMMATURE BLACK NECKED STILT [and parent]
photos taken: Joe Fulton Corridor Hwy
habitat map: Stilt
Length:  14-15 inches
Wingspan:  26 inches




Always use HYPERLINK
For use of graphic link in your post, copy text in gray text area below and paste into your blog post:
or use text linking only copy text in gray text area below and paste into your blog post:


Participating this week:

Mary Howell Cromer
Birds Seen in Europe and Africa
Linda, Virginia, USA
Arun
NatureFootstep
Lavender Dreams
Jean@SoNotOrganized
Eileen
Lea's Menagerie
Phil UK
Travels With Birds [no hyperlink]
Rosyfinch Ramblings

16 comments:

  1. Great shots of kiskadee action and transitional plumage of the Little Blue Heron. The baby stilt certainly has a bit more (leg) growing up to do. Love the Killdeers-- I am sure there are chicks keeping out of sight in our local wetlands, as the parents are uttering the soft twittering "take cover" call which I associate with their presence.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow, the chicks are so cute. I love the Killdeer and Stilts. The Crested Carcara and Kiskadee are wonderful birds. The young Little Blue Heron is beautiful too. Awesome photos. Thanks for hosting. Have a great day and happy weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm completely taken with the fluffy little killdeer! All the young little bird photos make me smile. Thank you for sharing them and hosting. Hope you have a wonderful first weekend of summer!

    ReplyDelete
  4. There's nothing sweeter than young birds! I hope the weather improves this coming week so that we can both get out more. It sure turned HOT! We are hoping to get out early tomorrow. Love the Killdeer...they have such fluffy feathers! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love all the photos of YOUNG! I'm a little concerned about you....is it the weather or are you 'under the weather' as to why you aren't getting out as you usually do.
    We are at the ranch and there are a lot of killdeer here!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Kiskadee is my favorite, so impressive! And the Stilt, is this the mom & baby? Lots of cute babies today!! O.K., cute chicks.

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow, the cutest post I have seen in a loooong time. They are all so cute, But I think the little stilt wins the price.
    Take care and have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is both encouraging and heartwarming to see so many young birds. May they grow up healthy and strong to produce their own.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I so loved the baby blue heron...not that I did not like the others.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, these are adorable! Made me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Anni.

    I love seeing those young birds. To me they are always 'fuzzy' looking with their ill defined feathers yet to get the sharpness of adult plumage. It's funny too how people often struggle to ID young birds. I always say to both listen out and look for the accompanying adults. They won't be far away. Have a great week ahead, and once again, thanks for the linky link.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my goodness, these bird shots are wonderful! Birds make me feel happy. Thanks for sharing.

    I did know what TMI meant, just not the bit about the black plastic bags. ;-)

    Have a great Sunday ~ FlowerLady

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well if I could type without auto correct changing my words...it would help.

      Delete
  13. Not sure I understand where you corrected my link, I am a little confused. Diane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I see you have done a correction now but why did it not work before!!!!

      Delete
  14. So many sweet babies! You are in such a Bird Paradise! I assume the short walks are because of hot weather?

    ReplyDelete

Table of Contents