April Archives...


This week, for lack of going out birding for any length of time, I share new photos from this past April when life was a bit less concerning with the global virus threat in our area of Texas...


BLACK POLL WARBLER
photo taken:  Port Aransas Birding Center
habitat map:  Warbler
Length:
Wingspan:


BLACK CHINNED HUMMINGBIRD
photo taken:  Blucher Park
habitat map:  Hummingbird
Length:  3.75 inches
Wingspan:  4.75 inches


PAINTED BUNTING
photo taken:  Oso Bay Wetlands
habitat map:  Bunting
Length:  5.5 inches
Wingspan:  8.5 inches


BALTIMORE ORIOLE [female]
photo taken:  Packery Channel
habitat map:  Oriole
Length:  7-8 inches
Wingspan:  11-12 inches


CATTLE EGRET
photo taken:  Mustang Island
habitat map:  Egret
Length:  20 inches
Wingspan:  36 inches


RUBY THROATED HUMMINGBIRD
photo taken:  Back yard [home]
habitat map:  Hummingbird
Length: 3.5 inches
Wingspan:  4.5 inches



Always use HYPERLINK with Linking Tool
For use of graphic link in your post, copy text in gray text area below and paste into your blog post:
or use text linking only copy text in gray text area below and paste into your blog post:


Those participating:

Nature Footstep
Arun
Linda, Virginia, USA
Jean@SoNotOrganized
Lea's Menagerie
Eileen
Travels With Birds [no hyperlink]
Birds Seen in Europe and Africa
Ella
Rosyfinch Ramblings
Phil
Lavender Dreams


15 comments:

  1. That Cattle Egret has pizzazz! Love all of your pretty Spring birds. I've gotten out for 3 shorter hikes this week but there weren't many birds to greet me. I still saw lots of neat things and took photos! The hummers are in our flowers this week too. You take such great photos of them. I'm hummer challenged! heehee! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I especially enjoy the sharp portrait of the Black-chinned Hummingbird. That is one summer bird that I miss since moving from the mountains of New Mexico. In flight its wings made a cricket sound and dthey performed courtship "dances" that were spectacular.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your archives have come through for you. i especially like the image of the Blackpoll Warbler.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your archive is very valuable!
    Thank you for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do love the humming birds, how i wish we had them here. It is good to go back into the archives from time to time. Thanks for hosting and take care, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE the hummingbird, the colors, the bird, the shape and the photo... good idea on the archives. i am a lover of archive diving, mine and others

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Anni,
    It is good we all have our archives to dive into. These all look new to me, I would like them all even if they were a repeat. I love the Hummers, the Painted Bunting and the Blackpoll Warbler. Thanks for hosting. Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I could not have told you what the first bird is, nor the second, third, and last two!! So a fun post for me, my favorite being the little Black Poll. It is time for me to start posting some birds!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful birds!
    Hope you are having a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Enjoyed all your great photos. Really liked seeing the female Baltimore oriole. I've only ever seen (or at least recognized) the male. Hope your weekend is going well so far.

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are so beautiful...I wish we had the Painted Bunting.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your birds! The cattle egret looks like he is taken aback!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ever since I visited Costa Rica I LOVE seeing hummingbirds. All of them. Such beautiful and interesting birds. Another one I love to watch is the Cattle egret. It´s coloring and posture says it all. :) Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I too wish that we had hummingbirds in England. I guess they know better than to try an English summer. Great Blackpoll Anni. Thanks for the link this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hello!
    My god, they are so beautiful!!
    Have a nice day

    ReplyDelete

Table of Contents