The last week, week and a half, I've been to several birding hotspot areas within an hour's drive from home. Photos shared this time are from Padre Island National Seashore, Magee Beach, Pollywog Ponds, Port Aransas, and Bazemore Park. The weather has been a bit on the decent side of Autumn....cooling off and remaining less humid as we get further into the midday time frame. Makes for excellent birding trips. The following are taken this past week...
GREAT EGRET
Habitat map: Egret
LESSER BLACK BACKED GULL [or Greater]
Habitat map: Gull
AMERICAN OYSTERCATCHER
Habitat map: Oystercatcher
BLACK BELLIED PLOVER
Habitat map: Plover

PIED BILLED GREBE
Habitat map: Grebe
TRI-COLORED HERON
Habitat map: Heron

REDDISH EGRET
Habitat map: Egret
ROYAL TERN
Habitat map: Tern
LONG BILLED CURLEW
Habitat map: Curlew

PIPING PLOVER
Habitat map: Plover

The shorebirds are so pretty and I don't see as many unless we go to the coast. Love that last one and the Royal Terns with wings outspread! Just thrills me to see them!
ReplyDeleteHello Anni,
ReplyDeleteWonderful variety of sightings. I love the Reddish Egret and the cute Piping Plover. I would love to see the Curlew. Cute capture of the Grebe! They are all beautiful birds and photos. Thanks for hosting. Have a great day and happy weekend.
Nice shots! The grebe is colorful-- must be in breeding plumage. I do not see many shorebirds, so this is a treat. Especially love the curlew and oystercatcher and the plover is irresistible.
ReplyDeleteWow, you sure were able to get some fantastic captures. That first one is really awesome and cracked me up too :)
ReplyDeleteSo much to love! The cute little Grebe is adorable! And the Reddish Egret is so large and impressive! He looks like the king of birds standing there. Curlews are always fun to see, what a short tail!
ReplyDeleteEach photo I came to I thought oh this is my favorite! Then the next one came up and that was my favorite! They're all absolutely stunning the first one should be called a needle nose and that's an amazing picture I've never seen one like that from that perspective I mean. And the ones beak looks like it's melting into the water I love it! And that Clover is beyond cute.
ReplyDeleteSuch a great shot of the Great Egret to lead off this post, but if truth be told they are all terrific.
ReplyDeleteGreat looking birds! I'd like to see a reddish egret but it looks like they skip Virginia.
ReplyDeleteLove the Pied Billed Grebe photo, but all the photos are very nice.
ReplyDeleteHi Anni. I really like your close ups today, especially the Great Egret from that angle. And of course the Pied billed Grebe. But then they are all super but I'm not sure of the I D of the gull with nothing to immediately compare.
ReplyDeleteHi Anni. I agree with Phil. Nice closeups of these amazing shore birds. Love to see them all and especially the piping plovers which we have in Newfoundland as well.
ReplyDeleteFantastic shorebirds this week.
ReplyDeleteSuch a super variety of birds, great photographs.
ReplyDeleteAll the best Jan
Wow, I am so impressed with your birding pics! Great job!
ReplyDeleteWonderful shots, Anni....I always enjoy seeing what you have seen. Love that first pic of the egret!
ReplyDeleteOh, my! These photos are amazing. They are so beautiful. I enjoyed your posting very much.
ReplyDeleteWonderful. This one post shows more birds than I’ve seen in months. I’m all about virtual birding these days. Thanks for giving me all these beautiful sightings.
ReplyDelete