Bud and I took a break from cleaning up after Thanksgiving, and beginning our decorating of the house for Christmas. We took a couple hours off and drove to Port A. We only made one stop, and that was Leonabelle Turnbull's Birding Refuge. Many many American White Pelicans and Roseate Spoonbills had stopped over while we were there. Among several ducks, egrets, ibis, gulls, herons, cormorants, grackles, blackbirds, moorhens, stilts, and one alligator [Bags, the female -see photo of Bud *in navy blue t shirt] entertained us. As we walked out to the parking lot, leaving, a couple of Yellow Rumped Warblers were flitting through the trees. Here are a few of the photos taken:


NORTHERN SHOVELER[s] [female, top, and male, bottom]
Habitat map: Shoveler


WHITE IBIS
Habitat map: Ibis


AMERICAN AVOCET
Habitat map: Avocet

GREEN WINGED TEAL[female]
Habitat map: Teal


BLACK NECKED STILTS
Habitat map: Stilt





AMERICAN WHITE PELICANS
Habitat map: Pelican
PLEASE NOTE: I am taking the time off from blogging on my personal blog, Hootin' Anni's, to decorate our home for Christmas....and, I won't be visiting anyone who links in this week at I'd Rather B Birdin'. But know your participation is always much appreciated! Stay safe and healthy!

Now share your birding experiences:
Love the new snow scene1 What a great assortment of waterbirds. The pelicans fly with military precision, and the stilts are so graceful and careful about where they will polace their ling legs. Nice close shots of the plumage of the shovelers and teal.
ReplyDeleteGorgeous photos as always Anni and you know I really love seeing those Roseate Spoonbills!
ReplyDeleteEnjoy your decorating Anni. Me? I'd rather be birding.
ReplyDeleteHello,
ReplyDeleteI love all the birds, but the scene with the Pelicans and Spoonbills is awesome. Great sightings and photos. Enjoy your break! Take care, have a great week!
Enjoy decorating the house. I am sure you will have fun doing it.
ReplyDeletethey are all gorgeous, I love the three fighter planes, I mean pelicans.. ha ha and the green wing is gorgeous. i love the closeups because they show the details.. i would enjoy watching Bags
ReplyDeleteWhat fantastic photos!!! Happy Christmas decorating ~ FlowerLady
ReplyDeleteThe Stilts and Shovelers are my favorites. They are so elegant and classy looking! I sure can relate to the decorating, it took me about a week. Since I am not as fast or healthy as I used to be!
ReplyDeleteOh Anni! Those pictures... they leave me speechless. Thank you for taking that break and allowing us to come along too. Happy Decorating! ~Andrea xoxo
ReplyDeleteMarvelous birds! Good luck with the decorating.
ReplyDeleteSuperb photos of all the birds Anni. Love the snow falling on the screen. Have a great Sunday and week ahead.
ReplyDeleteI thought you have a break ... Sorry!
ReplyDeleteBut better late than never, right?
Very nice photos!
What a perfect place to take a break, Anni...and as always, a great variety!!...:)jp
ReplyDeleteLove seeing all the shorebirds that I don't get to see here in north Mississippi, though a few migrants are here for the Winter. Saw White Pelicans the other day on the Tennessee River.
ReplyDeleteHave a blessed day and a wonderful week!
Lovely to see all of these birds.
ReplyDeleteThank you for sharing them here.
All the best Jan
I always enjoy your photos...you see so many birds that I never see, or as in pelicans seldom see.
ReplyDeleteMeant to tell you you might get a chuckle out of photo on my Time Stand Still blog titled Kestrel 1, Hawk 0
ReplyDelete