I've noticed a lot of breeding activity and plumage color changes lately, so I thought I'd group them together into one post...





WHITE WINGED DOVES
Habitat map: Doves


WHITE IBIS [breeding]
Habitat map: Ibis

GOLDEN FRONTED WOODPECKER [male, left - female, right]
Habitat map: Woodpecker




KILLDEER
[nesting,feigning injury, clutch of 4 eggs]
Habitat map: Killdeer

Hello Anni,
ReplyDeleteLove birds is a great title for your post. I have never seen the Killdeer eggs, great find. The doves are sweet. Pretty shot of the Ibis and the woodpeckers! Thanks for hosting. Enjoy your weekend!
Anni, I am just stopping back to say thank you for linking up and sharing your post. I hope your day is great!
ReplyDeleteGreat bird photos. A wood pigeon couple appears every day in my garden. Today I saw a finch. We Finns have a saying: from finch half a month to summer. Hope it is true, this winter was long and cold with a lot of snow.
ReplyDeleteWe just stopped in our community to take pics of Ibis on our way home from hiking. They sure are showy right now! Love your Killdeer. It's been a long time since we've seen one. And the Gold on the woodpecker is very pretty! Enjoy your weekend!
ReplyDeleteThey are all fantastic Anni. The pretty little doves are my favorite. :)
ReplyDeleteAs always, Anni, your photographs are quite wonderful. You do have a way of capturing the essence of the bird.
ReplyDelete...the GOLDEN FRONTED WOODPECKERS are new to me, thanks.
ReplyDeleteGreat collection! The plumage variations during breeding times is amazing to observe.
ReplyDeleteThe Doves are sure at their prettiest. I've always liked thier blue eyeshadow. Now I see why the Killdeer lay their eggs in parking lots and gravel!!!
ReplyDeleteLovely series!
ReplyDeleteLook at you bringin' sexy back! LOL.
ReplyDeleteGreat shots.
You're so right Anni. This is a wonderful time to really appreciate the immaculate plumages of birds. It doesn't take long for the colour and vibrancy to wear off. Species and families like warblers and woodpeckers are wonderful examples of this. I hope you have a great weekend and thanks for the link today.
ReplyDeletewild clapping and standing ovation on your photography skills. I acutally said Oh Gosh out loud on the 2nd and 4th Dove and the rear view of the feathers is amazing. all of these are super fantastic. I LOVE DOVES
ReplyDeleteLovely set of photos. Sorry I am far behind and not keeping up with blogs, Take care and keep well Diane
ReplyDeleteWow Anni you captured such amazing close ups of the birds that most of us never get to see
ReplyDeleteHugs Cecilia
Great photos!
ReplyDeleteThanks for hosting!
What fabulous bird shots!!! I am completely lost in the week...had not even thought to come here. Normally, I do think of it...sometimes I look on phone and wait till I am on computer. But my mind is gone.
ReplyDeleteFantastic series of photos Anni, especially loved the Killdeer and the eggs but all were a delight.
ReplyDeleteLove the Killdeers!! See several at the town pond.
ReplyDeleteSuch wonderful close-ups of the Love-Doves - great, dear Anni! And you show other very interesting bird sightings. Unfortunately, I can't show you photos that close, but at least I was able to photograph a flock of seagulls, a pigeon and a crow on an excursion ... I will send you the link when the new linking tool is open (I was probably still too early ...)
ReplyDeleteHappy Weekend,
Traude
https://rostrose.blogspot.com/2021/04/himmelblaue-wanderung-im.html